found this re: Liquid Metal Heads

PMTS Forum

found this re: Liquid Metal Heads

Postby Belskisfast » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:40 am

HEAD? Launches Liquidmetal? Skis for 2005/2006 Season at Munich Trade Show

LAKE FOREST, CA, February 09, 2005 ----- Liquidmetal? Technologies, Inc. (OTC: LQMT.PK) announced today that the winter sports division of Head NV (NYSE:HED) has added a Liquidmetal line of skis to be offered for the 2005/2006 ski season.

The ultimate energy return of the Liquidmetal alloy is incorporated within a Liquidmetal? jacket that covers the entire length of the ski core. Given the fact that the Liquidmetal alloy does not deform on impact, combined with the torsional stability of the HEAD IntelligenceTM technology, designers are now able to offer a ski with increased response and power. Several of HEAD?s ski lines will take advantage of the Liquidmetal technology, including Thang for women, XRC skicross, Worldcup racing, All-Mountain Cruising and Monster freeride. HEAD first incorporated Liquidmetal technology in their tennis racquets two years ago, and they were recently voted #1 in product innovation by Fortune Magazine.

Ski Gear talk Forum
Post a message
Head Skis and liquid metal by Pavel Jan 22, 2005 13:39

Tahoe Rich I hope you have received the technical manual on Head skis. This company is really at the cutting edge of technology as far as internal vibration damping systems.
This new liquid metal product has revolutionized the automotive industry. It is a solid but under specific conditions will turn into a liquid. More and more conpanies are experimenting with this product in load transfer systems such as transmission and four wheel drive tractions systems such as in Audi and Subaru.
The new 2006 Head skis have a integrated anti vibration system that really works. Hope to demo some this March at Sunday River. Will keep you posted1
Belskisfast

Postby *SCSA » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:45 am

He/she/its, if you get those skis, you won't regret it. Like HH says, they are a breakthrough ski.

When the fat skis first hit the market, I wasn't impressed. Yes, I knew they were a big advantage in deep snow. But the skis just didn't have any sidecut to them. They were just these big, clunky sticks. I'd see guys on them making turns on Prima, they'd stuggle. So I passed.

Now Head has come out with a ski that not only rules in deep snow, but that performs great else where. The 88 is a fat ski with style. It is a fat ski that is nimble and sleek. It's a fat ski that feels like a carving ski. It's not a clunky ski, it feels great on your shoulders.

Somebody will undoubtedly post, that we're Head homies. Hey man, I don't make a dime from posting this. I'm just trying to spread the love, turn a few he/she/its on.
*SCSA

Postby Max » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:59 am

Would you please post the side cut specs for the ski. Also, what length are you skiing it?

I've been demoing a bunch of skis this season looking for a great all mountain ski. My current fav is probably the Atomic Metron B5 (although I'm not crazy about the weight of the ski, it is heavy).

Does the new Head fall into the all mountain category or is it more of a powder ski that behaves well everywhere else?
Max

Postby *SCSA » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:17 am

126/88/112
I have it in a 175. It's perfect; not too long, just long enough. I'm not sure who they categorize it. I'd say they'll call it a free ride ski.

I don't think the Metron M5 is not the same type of ski. It's only 77 under foot -- the 88 is 88 under foot.
*SCSA

Postby trtaylor » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:05 am

The new Heads getting super reviews on Epic, too. See http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=24363

Tim
trtaylor

Postby Max » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:24 pm

I wish I had a good selection of Heads to demo, but no such luck. The Metron B5 just kicks butt though. I was on it all day again today. So much fun. I was tired after 5 hours of nonstop skiing but I was also skiing lots of 8-10" crud and carving like mad on the groomers.

Has anyone skied both the IM75 and IM77. If so can you compare them.
Max

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System