confused about Super Phantom LTE

PMTS Forum

confused about Super Phantom LTE

Postby Ray » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:25 pm

When the stance foot gets light the weight/balance transfers first to the little toe edge of the uphill ski before it tips to big toe edge ; am I correct on this? I have been reading the books but I think I missed this point; I am actually not sure what I have been doing with the uphill ski edge when the old stance foot gets light; hope my question makes sense, thank you for comments.
Ray

Re: confused about Super Phantom LTE

Postby jbotti » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Yes when you are turning to your left towards the end of the arc (as you are releasing) you balance on the LTE of your left (inside/non stance) ski and lift and tip the right ski which will lead the left ski onto its BTE.
When practicing this release/exercise its important to establish balance on the LTE (in this case of the left ski) for more than a second and then initiate tipping with the other foot (otherwise its easy to barely balance on it and move to the BTE). As well you want to accentuate that moment of bow-leggedness (both feet and skis tipped to their LTE at the same time). This release (which is also an exercise) is the ultimate in eliminating a stem or wedge entry.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby RRT » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Ray,

Pick up the following. You won't regret it.

http://harbskisystems.com/index.php?opt ... Itemid=102
RRT

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Thanks to both of you! The explanation is helpful and I am going to purchase the video. I am curious to see how I will do balancing on the uphill LTE. Ray
Ray

Postby DougD » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:34 am

Ray wrote:I am curious to see how I will do balancing on the uphill LTE. Ray

As advised in the books/videos, start by traversing across a wide, groomed easy green slope. If you can balance on the uphill LTE for 3+ seconds, great! You'll practice in both directions of course.

If you have difficulty after repeated attempts, or if one side/direction is less stable than the other, it's likely your bootfit, footbeds or alignment are to blame. I always had more trouble on my R ski. Couldn't get it despite months of trying. Then Diana checked my setup and wedged my R boot by 1.5 degrees. BINGO!
DougD

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System