Thanks Harald

PMTS Forum

Thanks Harald

Postby Meeks » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi,

Harold, let me start by saying that at 46 years of age this is I think the 1st time I've felt obliged to send anybody an email unannounced to say thank you.

You don't know me and we have never met however I have purchased a dvd or 2 from you and I study your teaching methods incessantly.

I have been a skier since I was 18 even spending a season at blackcomb as an instructor. To the layman I was an expert.

Each northern winter I've spent most of my time looking for big steep mountains and skiing a little out of control but have managed to get down everything somehow, even difficult terrain and super steep chutes etc..

The problem was the pain I had to endure to ski. Despite being in excellent shape physically I was Even avoiding bumps whenever I could as my knees and lower back couldn't last more than a week without putting a halt to my season, which then meant i had to spend the next 40 or so weeks getting right for another crack at the snow.

Luckily I stumbled on your teaching system and as a student of human movement was immediately drawn PMTS for its simplicity of movement and the common sense it made.
You made skiing look effortless.

For close to 12 months I've had your dvd and studied you on YouTube spending many hours visualising or "mind skiing" the movements involved.

I finally got a chance to test it out this week in Japan and I am hooked, I don't want to get off the hill, I am not tired, my knees are not hurting even a little bit, my skiing feels great, carving is better and my ability to stay in control whilst still skiing very aggressively is the best it's ever been. Most of all I'm enjoying bumps again even seeking them out, and powder is easier for me than ever now I'm not trying to bounce and twist the foot to steer.

I have always thought hard about every turn of every run trying to improve but now by simply flexing, tipping and controlling my inside free foot and pulling it back I'm amazed at the difference.

It's a great feeling to know at 46 my best days on the skis are ahead of me!

So thank you for having the belief in your system to take on those who deny it is a more pure way to ski.

Meeks
Meeks

Re: Thanks Harald

Postby skijim13 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:39 am

Meeks,
I also being an instructor though I knew how to ski, but I once I started to learn PMTS I realized that I knew nothing about skiing and had to start over. My wife and I have spent the last two seasons studying PMTS and it has changed our skiing, the biggest change is great speed control on any hill. This year we attended our first camp and it exceeded our expectations. Once you get a taste of PMTS there is no going back. The only warning is that you may not want to ski with your friends that straight line it down the hill anymore since you now make great turns using great speed control. Your are lucky like my wife and I was to find the most efficient way to ski. Check out the E Videos on the website they are the best ten dollars you can spend on a lesson.

Jim
skijim13

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:11 am

As Jim said, once you decide, you can't go back. The truth about skiing, your skiing and everyone else's skiing. You will never be lulled into false bravado and back slapping fake praise for your or anyone else's skiing. You will know exactly what works and what doesn't and you will never compromise again. It's a scary though, I admit, but there is no better way to get good, very good or expert, the rest depends on you. You will never be out there again, trying to perfect useless movements that lead nowhere.

h.harb

Postby CO_Steve » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:00 pm

At least they gave Neo the choice, red or blue. No one told me I'd have to sell all my old skis, find a new collection of people to ski with, abandon off piste skiing for years, not be able to shop for skis at any "normal" store, give up getting any gear advice online (with one exception), and basically become an anomaly in the ski world. It's been five years, wouldn't change a thing.
CO_Steve

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:12 pm

Compared to the time you wasted with the other stuff, that's a bargain. Send PSIA the bill for your re-education about skiing!!!!!!
h.harb

Postby Meeks » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:46 am

The problem I have now is that I sit on lifts and get the urge to interrupt ski lessons and call out the instructors for teaching the wedge and vertical movements.
I haven't done it yet but I really do feel sympathy for the poor folk learning to move the hard 'conventional' way.

It's a shame many skiers must lost to the sport because they feel it is too difficult when really it is beautifully fluid and no where near as taxing on the body when done properly.
Meeks

Postby h.harb » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Now you can relate to how I feel when I ride chair lifts and watch skiers.
h.harb

Postby BigE » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:38 pm

Yes Harald.

The skiing has been coming along nicely, once I learned to balance on one ski as you suggested. The value of that was priceless.

Thank you!

And a big shout out to Max as well. It is true: Just do the moves!
BigE

Postby Meeks » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:16 am

h.harb wrote:Now you can relate to how I feel when I ride chair lifts and watch skiers.

Mate I can only imagine!
Meeks

Postby skijim13 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:55 am

Think how Lorie and I feel when we ski with our friends that make no turns but think they are experts since they get down most runs faster then we do making turns, I got attacked for posting videos on my facebook page from camp by friends that said skiing should be fun not work.
skijim13

Postby h.harb » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:42 am

Enjoyment or fun, is a process, just like learning, you have to keep it fresh. Going straight down on wide skis maybe be fun for now. But like a new car, it's exciting at first, once it wears off, li's just a used car and we start looking for the next one. Unless it's a 911 of course. But even a 911 you keep improving it and making it better, more fun!
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System