Weight distribution TFR ?

PMTS Forum

Weight distribution TFR ?

Postby Eiszapfen » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:35 am

Hi guys,

I'm looking at the two footed release exercise in Book 2 and I have a question about it:
I'm supposed to stand on both edges, then flatten the lower ski and do a phantom move. But I don't know where to put my weight on before I start to flatten. If I fully weighted the LTE before flattening it would be a one footed release. If I fully weighted the lower ski before flattening it would be like a weighted release (except that I do a regular phantom move after moving down the fallline ). I guess it is something in between, could you help my out?
By the way, there's an exercise called "Release from the uphill edge" , this is the same as the OFR right? Also I'm wondering if both releases lead to a bullet proof short turn.

Thanks in advance!
Eiszapfen

Re: Weight distribution TFR ?

Postby Max_501 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:02 am

Eiszapfen wrote:I guess it is something in between, could you help my out?

Start with 50/50, once you have that mastered vary the distribution in either direction from a super phantom (OFR) to a weighted release. An expert skier can release with any combo.

Any release can be part of run of ripping bullet proof short turns, but you won't have a BPST that works in all conditions until the TFR has been mastered.
Max_501

Re: Weight distribution TFR ?

Postby Eiszapfen » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:31 am

Thank you! I will focus on those two exercises when I'm skiing the next time, as I read that many here in this forum spent a lot of time on training the releases.
Eiszapfen

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System