Can I assess fore/aft issues on slantboard?

PMTS Forum

Can I assess fore/aft issues on slantboard?

Postby JohnMoore » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:20 am

I had footbeds made by Jasper Heinsius in Ridderkerk, Holland a couple of months ago and got to test them out last week. I liked them, and definitely felt they improved my lateral alignment, allowing me to control my edges more easily and predictably (and more symmetrically). One area I still felt I was having some issues with is fore/aft alignment - a tendency to get into the backseat a far amount, and also a tendency to get thigh burn under certain circumstances. I'm sure this is largely down to poor technique, but I'm just wondering whether I might benefit from experimenting a little with spoilers (in or out), and heel lifts (the same).

So my question is whether I can learn anything useful about whether I'm dialled in correctly (either by tinkering with the boots, or by technique modification, or both), in dryland training prior to my next trip, such as on a slantboard (I don't have the Harb Carvers, although I'm sure they'd help).

(Usual explanation - I'm thousands of miles away from Dumont, so cannot pop in and see Harald or Chris, or go to any other PMTS trained bootfitters and get an on-the-snow assessment).
JohnMoore

Re: Can I assess fore/aft issues on slantboard?

Postby Max_501 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Dryland isn't going to tell you much about fore/aft unless you are way off. My experience is that most people have a fore/aft issue due to movements rather than boot setup.
Max_501

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System