Revisiting "Performance Free Skiing" Video

PMTS Forum

Revisiting "Performance Free Skiing" Video

Postby GHagen » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:34 pm

I just re-watched the Performance Free Skiing video that Harbskisytems put out in 2010. I had not watched it for at least a year. The purpose of the video was to show real world free skiing application of PMTS technique on all terrains. I am blown away by the video in a way that never connected before. The reason for this, is that I am a different skier than the last time I watched it. I now can relate to movements demonstrated that were foreign to me not long ago. If you have not watched it lately, do so. If you have not purchased it, get it, now. This is what we work hard for, to be able to ski all terrains safely and beautifully, even moguls and powder.
GHagen

Re: Revisiting "Performance Free Skiing" Video

Postby Doghouse » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:09 pm

I agree. Awesome video! I watch it often!
Doghouse

Postby speedcontrol » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:42 pm

This video is an inspiration for the skier to get better and better , to develop skills and never stop practicing. The music is awsome as well. Every serious skier must have this video !
speedcontrol

Postby h.harb » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Thanks gang, we put a lot of effort into that video.
h.harb

Postby skijim13 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:57 am

That was the Video that got me into PMTS, a friend brought it over to watch. I realized two things I wanted ski like that, and I had a great deal to learn about skiing. It been about two years working on PMTS and what I have learned on my own has greatly improved my skiing. I know I have a great deal to learn about PMTS and look foward to my first camp in January.
skijim13

Postby Robert0325 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:25 am

Funny that you should mention that. I got it for Christmas a couple of years back. Back then I very much enjoyed it but was a bit frustrated that there was not enough detail on technique. Since then though I've bought AOCBAES1 and 2 books and eVideos. These go into macro level detail and are a joy to study and I've definitely seen improvements in my technique as a result.

I've now been re-watching the Performance Free Skiing video and am enjoying so much more!

I think my point is you have to study the earlier PMTS material to really appreciate the later publications.
Robert0325

Postby skijim13 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:56 am

I agree after watching the video, my friend let me borrow his essentials videos, followed by me purchasing all the other books and videos including his ski flex book. I then built a tipping board, the teeter board, did all the rollerblade drills, and work on an drill everytime my wife and I ski, which is difficult since everyone we know at the mountain like to ski fast including fellow ski instructors. Since learning PMTS we are so programed to make round turns it is difficult to straight line in down the mountain and go that fast like our friends. We will be going to our first Superblue camp at the end of January. I sure we will find out how much more we need to learn.
skijim13

Postby Robert0325 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:34 am

skijim13 wrote:I agree after watching the video, my friend let me borrow his essentials videos, followed by me purchasing all the other books and videos including his ski flex book. I then built a tipping board, the teeter board, did all the rollerblade drills, and work on an drill everytime my wife and I ski, which is difficult since everyone we know at the mountain like to ski fast including fellow ski instructors. Since learning PMTS we are so programed to make round turns it is difficult to straight line in down the mountain and go that fast like our friends. We will be going to our first Superblue camp at the end of January. I sure we will find out how much more we need to learn.

Yes, me too. I have all the books now. I must actually do those exercises in the Ski Flex book instead of just reading it!
Robert0325

Postby Max_501 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:54 am

Just finished watching Performance Free Skiing during my morning workout. I'm stoked for snow!
Max_501

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System