Classic, yet still modern, because it's efficient.

PMTS Forum

Classic, yet still modern, because it's efficient.

Postby h.harb » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:34 pm

h.harb

Re: Classic, yet still modern, because it's efficient.

Postby Max_501 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:12 pm

Max_501

Postby h.harb » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:01 am

I am surprised there are no questions or comments about this photo series. What is demonstrated here is what 99 percent of skiers can't do and don't have??! Seems like skiers think this is easy or they think they already have it down. Well, the sad truth is no, you don't have it, and it's probably the biggest negative influence in your skiing. If you don't do something about it you will never change.
1. Step one is get rid of your present pole plant. You are not authorized to use a pole plant, until you have achieved the no swing, which is in effect, CA.
h.harb

Postby Bolter » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:28 pm

Having attended my first camp with Harald and Diana (a Tech Camp) this fall, there is no doubt that my skiing and coaching has evolved to a higher level. The entire Team is working on a balanced turn, focused skiing (no "free" skiing) and drills. The results over the past eight day Christmas camp are obvious to everyone. The single most important focus has been CA and pole use. The Angry Mother progression has transformed our kids skiing. Through skiing balanced turns, working the engaging/releasing progressions with coordinated upper body CA; the kids and the Coaches have made huge progress. The evideos are worth every cent.

Off topic but the Tech Camp is by far the most informative, best training I have ever experienced.
Bolter

Postby h.harb » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:37 pm

Thanks Bolter, and it was a pleasure and a high standard of coaching in the groups at the Tech Camp. Because there were many coaches there with a good level of understanding to begin with.
All of the exercises Bolter is mentioning are downloadable eVideos from our web site for $8 buck. Best 8 bucks you can spend on your skiing.
h.harb

Postby blackthorn » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:38 pm

From my observations there frequently seem to be a different set of problems for skiers who started on shaped skis TTS, vs maybe older skiers brought up on straight skis in which some degree of counter has to occur to get any useful control. Notwithstanding this the path, as always, is ACBAES 1 .............. etc.

When I first got some shaped skis after 35 yrs skiing, I took one lesson to "learn how to use them". In hindsight the instructor tried to undo most of the movements I needed to retain - counter, skis close together etc , and ignored the ones I should have ditched - pivot, push etc. Many years later I discovered PMTS.
blackthorn

Postby h.harb » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:46 pm

Yes, PSIA and TTS methods never worked for shaped skis that is why so many skiers are still frustrated and have gone to Fat, banana, pivot skis. PSIA technique works for those skis.
h.harb

Postby Max_501 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:48 am

Do you want to ski like HH? If so you gotta own CA.

Photo Series: Something old, something new, but still classy and classic.

h.harb wrote:I am surprised there are no questions or comments about this photo series. What is demonstrated here is what 99 percent of skiers can't do and don't have??! Seems like skiers think this is easy or they think they already have it down. Well, the sad truth is no, you don't have it, and it's probably the biggest negative influence in your skiing. If you don't do something about it you will never change.
1. Step one is get rid of your present pole plant. You are not authorized to use a pole plant, until you have achieved the no swing, which is in effect, CA.
Max_501

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System