Slant board training LTE/BTE pressure question

PMTS Forum

Slant board training LTE/BTE pressure question

Postby Radiater » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:51 pm

I have been diligently working on the slantboard. I have a question about where to be applying pressure in my boots. I have watched the videos with Mr. Harb. Repeatedly.

While on the slant board I practice the phantom maneuver and tip the free foot to the LTE. Then I tip my stance boot to the big toe edge. When standing and edging in my boots am I supposed to be putting more or the most pressure in the front of the boot directly at the edge of the boot where the big toe and little toe are at or simply evenly apply pressure on the little toe and big toe side of the boot?

My observation while in the boots is that when I apply more pressure to the front of the boots directly along the edge of the boot where the little toe and big toe are located that my shins naturally put more pressure on the tongue of the boot which should then apply more weight to the front of the ski in practice.
Radiater

Re: Slant board training LTE/BTE pressure question

Postby HeluvaSkier » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:13 pm

The slant board is mostly for lateral balance and tipping improvement... Try not to focus on fore/aft when doing this. Balance on your feet naturally (middle of your foot). When on snow, you should do the same, but the difference is your feet are moving, so you need to pull them back in order to maintain your balance point. Does that make sense?
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby Radiater » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:13 am

Thanks HS. Appreciate the reply.
Radiater

Postby h.harb » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:32 am

You can test your Fore/aft balance, flex your legs and drop your hips to 90 degrees if you can't stand back up or fall backward, you may have a Fore/aft issue in that boot set up.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System