PMTS Stoke

PMTS Forum

Re: PMTS Stoke

Postby krazzy legs » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:53 pm

h.harb wrote:PMTS doesn't take away your ability to have your own personal style. Style is different than "function", it's personal and has to do with "flexibility" , a certain way you hold your arms and hands and your body proportions. The biggest difference is flexibility. Diana and I rarely stiffen up during the curve of the arc, we continue tipping movements with appropriate counter acting throughout the turn and range of the arc..

On average would a tight jointed skier (athlete who is naturally less flexible) be quicker edge to edge then a lose jointed skier. Would there not be more stored energy from holding counter well flexing to release to produce a higher rate of vibration of turns (more turns per a minute) from a naturally tight jointed skier ? The more flexible skiers on average would they produce a lower rate of vibration (turns per minute) when free skiing but have higher edge angles due to the ability to have greater flexibility for more counter acting & counter balancing ?
krazzy legs

Postby h.harb » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:57 am

If you are trying to gain more lateral lower leg range of motion it comes from the hips. This is achieved by the correct relaxation of the leg extensor muscles. Often people confuse "relaxation" with flexibly. I can be very, very flexible, yet still not achieve tipping angles, because I get stiff or tighten up my muscles or push on or against the skis. Pushing on the skis is the biggest detriment to flexibility and to achieving edge angles. Extension is the biggest detriment to continued lower body angle development.

Where does this come from??? PSIA and other traditional systems all teach extension. Bad Bad Bad boys, when will they learn??? People learn this, engrain it and then it's very hard to reverse.
h.harb

Postby kirtland » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:11 pm

HH. Which extensors, are you referring to.
kirtland

Postby h.harb » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:32 pm

Legs, pushing against the snow, extending, when you want to tip, don't push. Just like if you come to shoot, shoot, don't talk. From the movie, "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly." Just like; "if you came to tip, flex, don't extend."
h.harb

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System