Reasons why US skiing from USSA coaching is in trouble.

PMTS Forum

Reasons why US skiing from USSA coaching is in trouble.

Postby h.harb » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:25 am

http://harbskisysems.blogspot.com/2014/11/proper-coaching-results-in-excellent.html Read the whole story on my Blog by clicking on this link.

This racer is 13 years old, has been "Taught How" to get to this relationship to his skis. This involves using correct movements into and out of the turns to accomplish a photo like this. These are world cup skiing techniques and body movements and angled relationships. These types of movements are not taught by USSA education to coaches or by coaches using USSA training. This is a totally different system, much like what the Austrians use to create the best skiers in the world.
h.harb

Re: Reasons why US skiing from USSA coaching is in trouble.

Postby geoffda » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:30 am

"If he isn't going to educate coaches, why is he presenting?"

EXCELLENT question!
geoffda

Postby h.harb » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:47 am

I've had a number of USSA coaches come to me, and tell me that they have lost faith in USSA coaching and education since they began using PSIA as their technical base.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:43 pm

I know there is no need to say this to the members of this if forum, however just to start off the New Year on the foot that clearly demonstrates the lack of skiing knowledge and the misleading of skiing technique to the public (not only USSA) you only have to go as far as the Epic Forum. They have been screwing up skiing for 15 years and still can't get it right. A bunch of blow hards with mini brains, trying to sound smart.
h.harb

Postby Bolter » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:11 pm

The January 2015 issue of SKI, is titled the "The Instruction Issue" with Private lessons of 33 Tips to get better (fast). Some of the 33 "killer tips" are:
Keep your knees apart
follow your toes
skiing is flying
stand solid
punch the clock
extend at the knees
grip the boot
like riding a bike

To be fair you have to read the directions for each of these commands. BUT most have zero value or worse.

Remember this is PSIA all the way, with USSA not far removed. PMTS is so far advanced from this type of instruction that you would have to be unconscious not to realize it.
Bolter

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System