Steep skiing

PMTS Forum

Re: Steep skiing

Postby jbotti » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:02 pm

Hey, I have a great idea. Let's see if we can talk about this topic throughout the winter! Maybe we can talk about it so much that we never discuss anything else.

This horse is dead. Let's leave it that way.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Re: Steep skiing

Postby geoffda » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:13 pm

While I believe that making turns on 50 degree slopes using PMTS movements is possible for the average skier, the reality is that doing so requires a level of movement precision and understanding that can only be obtained through years of dedication working with a world-class coach. I don't think people on this thread fully grasp what a high level of skiing they are talking about. To put it bluntly, if you can't already do this, you don't know enough to even be asking about it. More to the point, it probably isn't even a reasonable goal. Simply making expert turns on blue runs is very hard to achieve without coaching and that already represents a level of skiing few will obtain. I'd start there. Go get your PMTS Blue Level Instructor accreditation and then you'll know enough to at least know what you don't know. Please let's consider this thread closed until then.

Harald: I'd like to add, Geoff is right on about the levels and quality of skiing needed to even grasp this type of skiing, and John put the fine point on it, the discussion has gone beyond useful.
geoffda

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System