New e videos

PMTS Forum

New e videos

Postby nipper » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:50 am

I just thought it worth flagging up the 10 new e videos produced this year for those who have not visited the hss website recently. These are all excellent short one topic videos and are good for new comers to pmts as an addition to existing material. For experienced pmts practicianers they are good for revising and reinforcing what is already known and for instructors they are a good reference work. For tts instructors who have no choice but to teach the wedge, the three eliminate the wedge videos are particularly good. I particularly liked the new brushed turn video. There are more videos to come and Diana is open to suggestions for subjects for further videos.
nipper

Re: New e videos

Postby h.harb » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:27 am

Thanks for the mention Nipper. And we have so many more in the pipeline and the Check Points are being expanded and reworked in a more completely integrated application. By this time next season, there will be a whole new library of PMTS videos and educational materials on our web site. The great thing is, it's not just old stuff with new jackets, (PMTS never gets old, look at Expert Skier 1, it's even more relevant today) these new videos are all new ways we are discovering to provide better access to tried and proven PMTS movements.

Ya we need a "Like" button on this forum.
h.harb

Postby Erik » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:10 am

Like!

It's a great move to get Diana out in front of the camera so skiers can see what a great instructor she is. She provides crystal clear explanations of the movements and their purpose. Then, she executes very precise demonstrations of the movements being taught, where the focus of each step is clearly emphasized. For each of the subjects in the e videos, the learning sequence is broken down into very manageable, incremental steps that build to complete the movement.

Great value for the money. If you were getting this instruction in person, through a private lesson or camp, it would take hours to work through these sequences. If you were getting the instruction in person, you would also get Diana's laser-like feedback on your execution of the movements.
Erik

Postby jbotti » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:20 pm

I would make sense to have a link to all HSS e videos like we do for Harald's blog and for camps etc up top.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby NoCleverName » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:01 pm

I agree ... firstly, I don't think I would have stumbled on these unless I read the OP. Second, they're really buried in the site.
NoCleverName

Postby ToddW » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:30 pm

If you get a security warning (invalid certificate) when you try to buy a video, make sure you are using the old full URL http://harbskisystems.com

(The short URL http://harbski.com is not associated with the certificate used to secure their transactions and will trigger a security warning in your browser.)
ToddW

Postby h.harb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks Todd, good point.
h.harb

Postby Diana Rogers » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:55 pm

Todd,

I added that note to the "Download Info" article that describes how to purchase the eVideos. Thanks for letting us know!
Diana Rogers

Postby skijim13 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:22 pm

The brushed turns eVideo, is great it ties in the short radius turns described in expert II to controlling outside ski edge angle. The demos were top notch, never seen a PSIA trainer come close to the details in the eVideo.
skijim13

Postby arothafel » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:32 pm

The brushed turns eVideo, is great...

I agree! Just purchased and watched. The best $10 ever spent on skiing! Learned a lot. Thanks Diana... Image
arothafel

Postby skijim13 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:35 am

To get more out of the video on brushed carved turns search the forum on brushed carved turns and you will find a great deal of information on the subject to enhance the message from the video.
skijim13

Postby h.harb » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:51 am

Remember PMTS is about tipping, Brushed turns are about learning how to use your tipping muscles to control your ski angles. Traditional Teaching still relies on Rotary twisting and leg Steering movements, which are gross movements that are really hard to control. Tipping and untipping movements get you out of that Traditional Systems Skiing trap.
h.harb

Postby emakarios » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:57 am

I own all of the E-videos: great lessons!
emakarios

Converting E videos to DVD

Postby skijim13 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:51 am

I like to watch the e videos on my large HD TV, if would like a DVD instead of using the HDMI output from your laptop to watch on your TV, you can burn a DVD and play it directly on your TV, the new E videos have excellent picture quality it is almost like being there. The sound is also great, I included the link to the converter I use, the program is free. I can also bring them to work and watch at lunch without downloading it onto the work computer. The DVD also serves as a great backup if you laptop hard drive crashes.

http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Conver ... msn&cid=85
skijim13

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System