Harb Ski Systems launches new program, "PMTS Racer develop"!

PMTS Forum

Harb Ski Systems launches new program, "PMTS Racer develop"!

Postby h.harb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:51 pm

"PMTS Racer development". This is a new focus for us, running parallel to PMTS Direct Parallel education, camps and training. At Harb Ski Systems we have worked on a race specific coaching program over the last season or two. The reason is there is a demand and we have had requests for this that we are answering.

This season we are using it formally. We will hold Coaches training and accreditation for race development programs and ski teams. USSA is just not moving forward with educational materials, training programs and accreditations that can used to develop a broad based national program. Actually, USSA and the US Ski Team have some serious obstacles to overcome if they are to develop broad based training and education for a wider pool of racers to draw from for a development system in the US. In one arena there is the department that puts out, Skis Quest and 20 year old PSIA materials to explain technique. Then you have the US Ski Team, which isn't coaching with these materials. I polled many of the most influential program coaches in the country and they say they don't use Skills Quest. There is a void and we are filling it.
h.harb

Re: Harb Ski Systems launches new program, "PMTS Racer devel

Postby jbotti » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Yes the void is huge and great that PMTS can fill it. How many training programs and accreditations do you think you will give this year?
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby h.harb » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:23 pm

Right now we have more interest than we can handle, training valid coaches, finding them, this not the challenge. It's having the time to get them through the process. And on top of that, we have parents calling us from all over Canada and the US to get their kids into our race camps. This isn't something we designed or went after, it developed from the information I've put up over the years for free, about coaching and PMTS technique on my Blog and Facebook.
h.harb

Postby jbotti » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Its a great development and one that we all should have expected. It's also a different ball game. Teaching and coaching people like me, Max, Geoff and others that have worked diligently with the coaching and the books etc have produced some great results. All of us have had our skiing move light years from the training and the hard work. But... this is nothing compared to what can occur with kids starting from ages 5-10 who are also motivated, ski a ton and continue to get solid PMTS training. I'm sure we will see amazing results in the first few years but the huge result will occur ten years down the road after you have trained a large number of coaches and there is a large stable of up and coming racers who have had this training since they were young. It will be an exciting next 10!!
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby Bolter » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:05 pm

h.harb wrote:Right now we have more interest than we can handle, training valid coaches, finding them, this not the challenge. It's having the time to get them through the process. And on top of that, we have parents calling us from all over Canada and the US to get their kids into our race camps. This isn't something we designed or went after, it developed from the information I've put up over the years for free, about coaching and PMTS technique on my Blog and Facebook.

PMTS Racer Development training for coaches is exactly what I need.
Bolter

Postby emakarios » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:31 am

This is a great development with PMTS. Race coach accreditation is being requested at Welch Village and will move the race program there forward.
emakarios

Postby geoffda » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:09 am

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing how this develops. Would love to see some PMTS based Masters training too. Can't let the kids have all the fun!
geoffda

Postby h.harb » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:51 am

Geoff we can do this, but we'd have to get approval from A-Basin management. They have been reluctant to allow race training since the law suit from a Canadian kid who was hurt running into the woods.

I think it would be great to have a Harb Ski Systems Masters Team, going out and doing Masters racing.
h.harb

Postby HighAngles » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:57 pm

h.harb wrote:Geoff we can do this, but we'd have to get approval from A-Basin management. They have been reluctant to allow race training since the law suit from a Canadian kid who was hurt running into the woods.

I think it would be great to have a Harb Ski Systems Masters Team, going out and doing Masters racing.

If this actually gets off the ground then I know that my money and my wallet would soon be parting. :wink:

I was hoping to get into some Masters racing this season, but it's just not in the cards due to my work life. :(
HighAngles

Postby A.L.E » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:21 pm

Will be of great interest for all of us, a great initiative for sure.
A.L.E

Postby h.harb » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:57 am

Go to my Facebook page and look at the flush exercise of the 8 year old skier. This used to be a wedge skier, not she is a parallel flush drill skier.
h.harb

Postby Bolter » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:29 pm

Slightly off topic . . . can anyone help me find the video at Welch Village of Harald skiing a spine into a Sl type course? Thanks for any help.

JR
Bolter

Postby h.harb » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:41 am

I don't even know where that resides except in a file burred in my computer. But there are lots of spine runs in Essentials "flexing" DVD.
h.harb

Postby Bolter » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:24 pm

Thank you.
Bolter

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System