PSIA nice try!! Because an Epic Lurker warned me.

PMTS Forum

PSIA nice try!! Because an Epic Lurker warned me.

Postby h.harb » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:36 pm

PSIA has it's defenders, preachers and spin doctors. When you read the response below this should give you a better persecutive about the on-going frustration amongst PSIA insiders, instructors and from their own public persona via the Epic Ski Forum.

Whatever the intelligencia of PSIA insiders, on Epic Ski forum write or say, they are still after decades, confused about their own skiing and have been since day one. They can't even figure out what PSIA skiing is supposed to look like. I think we could give them a petty good idea.

The first thing they came up with was, when I wrote "Anyone can be an Expert Skier", was, Harb is crazy, PMTS doesn't work, wide stance is everything, two footed stance is everything, extension is everything and the "capper" is, the "best skiers in the world never lift a ski from the snow" Quote.

Now all of a sudden everything I wrote 15 years ago is "IN " for PSIA and Epic! So now they are only 15 years behind, if they knew how to use PMTS (and still don't get it or can use it). We have again moved ahead another 15 years since, which now puts PSIA net 30 years behind, even if they realized they have been wrong for the last 15 years. Which they still don't.

PSIA's strategy now is to say "they accept everything", but they have no idea how to even give a good lesson with their own stuff, let alone anyone else's methods. In there world they now have to say they accept "everything" because they have nothing of their own worth telling! So how many of you here is going to pay for a PMTS lesson from a PSIA instructor?

If the Epic Forum guys are so dam smart, and there are some smart guys there I'm sure. why don't they come on over and get an accreditation in PMTS. We know you can't teach PMTS until you are trained and accredited, this is observed and proven time and time again!

Some PSIA trainers every so often on the hill, "maybe" are using some of our terminology, to fool others into thinking they can teach PMTS or use PMTS or know what tipping is. We have yet to have one certified PSIA instructor properly deliver PMTS in an Accreditation. Even Full Cert PSIA instructors, have not successfully arrived at achieving our levels and standards, in any one of our levels of accreditation, without "substantial training". Those skiers, that have no PSIA training, or have given up completely on PSIA, do a much better job and succeed at a high rate in our accreditations.

Notice I didn't say the PSIA full certs "failed". They didn't fail, because even if and when they were not yet adequate for an accreditation level, they still raised their ability to teach, by going through the process. However, they didn't arrive at our 2 completely successful taught lesson standard, which we require, in a two day accreditation. Anyone has the opportunity to teach three lessons per day, in the two last days of a PMTS accreditation, two attempts at PMTS lessons have to meet the standard.

So back to PSIA, now trying to copy, use or pretend to know PMTS, sure they may have incorporated a few PMTS words or "tricks" and put more tools in the bag, but they still can not teach or present a lesson with PMTS content and development. They carry too much baggage, they have a loaded bag of tricks, it is so big by now, they can't carry it.

We unfortunately have contributed to their dilemma, we have given them too much new information. I think we are doing them a disservice by producing more skiing movements then they can handle.
h.harb

Re: PSIA nice try!! Because an Epic Lurker warned me.

Postby h.harb » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Am I upset that PSIA is saying they know how to teach PMTS Direct Parallel? No, because I know what will happen. They will go out and try to teach PMTS, fail and then will be able to say " See we told you so, this PMTS stuff doesn't work, and they will abandon it. The sooner the better, because less skiers will be deceived.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System