Harald/Dr Jim Michaels

PMTS Forum

Harald/Dr Jim Michaels

Postby Jan » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:06 am

Hi Harald,

Just following up on waterski technique:

Did you get to see Jim Michaels in Wisconsin and discuss waterski slalom? Anything to report re adapting alpine technique to the water?

Regards, Jan

PS: wld it be possible to get the PMTS instructor manual shipped to London UK?
Jan

Postby Harald » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:55 am

I am not sure I want to discuss too much about what Jim is doing, not that it?s so secret, but I feel an obligation to him, as he is a friend and I want to respect his privacy. I had a great time skiing with Jim and his daughter, who is a promising ski racer. He is preparing to compete this summer and he is very fit. We discussed some of the technique basics but we will have a camp together in June.

I also had a great time skiing and coaching Brent Larsen, who works with Jim most of the time. Brent has twin daughters who were both World Champion water skiers. Brent is also a PMTS certified instructor.

As you know, there are many different approaches to water skiing. I will be helping to consolidate the different techniques with Jim and Brent, we hope to bring in what is solid and current in ski racing and apply what is best suited to Jim?s style and body type.

If we make any radical discoveries about water ski technique I?m sure you?ll be reading about them in the water ski publications. As for now we are fine tuning and discussing basic body positions and body to ski alignments.
"Maximum Skiing information, Minimum BS
Harald

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System