Kitzbuehel Slalom

PMTS Forum

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:01 am

Besides it?s ugly, wide feet, with low butt, it?s just not elegant or dynamic.
Besides Pranger's skiing is not pretty, it looks like he's working, not elegant, muscleing his runs... Prettiest skier on the WC is Fritz Stroble. I have taken video of his skiing and watched it endlessly in slow motion, every line in his body is perfect.

Ugly, not elegant, not pretty: an argument for people fighting to win WC races :?
The ugly Pranger winning, the prettiest Strobl not qualifying for the Bormio super-G...
Yeah, "something to think about"...

Stranger than fiction

Postby Harald » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:15 am

I hope, I offer many things to think about, but some will not change no matter what people like to think or how much thinking they do, as they are fact and based in simple physics. Pardon me if I point out things people don?t believe or like, it?s not my job to reinforce prejudices, but it looks like I am defining them.
"Maximum Skiing information, Minimum BS
Harald

Postby tanman » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:44 pm

HI Harald,
I felt there are a couple of problems that have creeped into my skiing. One is that as I am doing fast and quick slalom turns. Sometimes the releasing rebounding skis happens so quick with the relaxing leg that my body has trouble keeping up with it. Especially on my left turn. I be skking in with very good tempo, but I may hit an icy spot, irregularity in the snow or just going too fast and my legs can't keep up the rhythm and i of a sudden I have to make some big compensatory moves to stay balanced.
Is this because of a poor counter position through the engagement phase of the previous turn? This also causes me to lose my line in bumps and shoot into a medium turn to recover.
tanman

Postby HH » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:08 pm

Hi Tanman, this situation I would address first by checking your alignment, especially when it is confined to one side. If the ski is loading too quickly, you maybe aligned too far bowlegged. If the edge grip and resistance or pressure takes until the end of the turn to build you may be too far knocked kneed.
HH

Check alignment

Postby HH » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:10 pm

Sometimes I won't log in as the system takes too long to activate.

HH, is me, Harald
HH

Postby Tommi » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:31 am

:D

Men's DH Training 1

Results Bormio/S. Caterina - Downhill - Men Final Time Diff

1 Fritz Strobl (AUT) 1:57.69 0:00.00
Tommi

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System