My self training

PMTS Forum

My self training

Postby iBruno » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:08 am

Hello all,
I am a new PMTS apprentice. I have just red the first book "Anyone can be an expert skier" , just started the second one and waiting for the 3 DVD sKi essentiaI to be delivered.

Last week I started my first exercises as follows:
- lifting free foot, left and right alternatively (fine, I've discovered that I need to improve my balance when I lift my right foot; this also explain the difference between my left and right turns).
- lifting and tipping the free foot, left and right alternatively.
- release the stance foot then lift and tip it, so turning as consequence (successfully!), left and right alternatively.
- then trying to connect turns with foot release + phantom move: successfully on blu slopes , a bit harder an steeper ones.

What are the next exercises to carry on or do I have to follow the first book exercises staring from somewhere ?

Thanks in advance for your help!
iBruno

Re: My self training

Postby h.harb » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:39 am

This is very difficult to estimate from a written evaluation and description. PMTS is not like other instruction, the movements are clear, precise and they need refinement in most cases, it is very difficult to self analyze. You could be doing many things that are not yet proper, without knowing it. Options, you can post video, but a PMTS instructor is your best bet. However after what you posted, Counter balance and counter acting are the next steps to solidify your skiing on all terrain, these can be found in detail in the Essentials DVD series.
h.harb

Re: My self training

Postby iBruno » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:52 am

Thanx Harald for you prompt reply!
I'll follow your instructions and provide you a video when possbile.
iBruno

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System