A PSIA instructor posted on my Facebook

PMTS Forum

A PSIA instructor posted on my Facebook

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:18 am

He said he took a clinic where they talked about many PMTS movements, according to his understanding.. This is directly from my post on Facebook.
In response to Richard Weil, PMTS Direct Parallel has three instructor levels.To teach and understand the PMTS system, you have to go through the Accreditation, in which we train instructors while taking the accreditation. Our philosophy is to train instructors to teach well. We don't eliminate, we encourage and mentor. During our accreditation we train and allow the instructors to teach at least 8 times. During the first 4 times we give them feedback as to how to improve their lessons and teaching in the system. To achieve a Black Level in PMTS is very involved and requires study and commitment. The Blue level is attainable by a strong skier and highly skilled teacher, the Black level is truly an expert in skiing and teaching. Some of our instructors can achieve a Black "teaching level", without receiving the black skiing level. If you can't ski at our top levels, doesn't mean you can't teach at those levels. A PSIA trainer or Examiner can not teach or even understand PMTS because they have no knowledge of the system. The PMTS system is totally different from Traditional instruction. Any PSIA instructor that tells you that the PMTS system is just a reworked approach with different words, doesn't know anything about PMTS and proves it by saying as much.
h.harb

Re: A PSIA instructor posted on my Facebook

Postby nugget » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:18 pm

As well as most likely proving it by their skiing.
nugget

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:34 pm

Yes this is the last thing a PSIA skiers wants to do, is ski in front of a PMTS instructor, who will see their every flaw and fault in three turns. And be able to tell them why and how to fix it.
It's PMTS great, it sets you so far beyond or ahead of the normal way of skiing.
h.harb

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:33 pm

h.harb wrote: see their every flaw and fault in three turns.

That's generous... I suspect for most it would take one or possibly less... RTE all happens in one turn. Got it wrong once? Okay... wrong twice? Why bother being disappointed a third time.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby h.harb » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Ya I was trying to be generous, and giving them the benefit of the doubt, but actually, it's really obvious in the first turn.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System