Green/Blue - Camp Report

PMTS Forum

Green/Blue - Camp Report

Postby RRT » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:34 pm

I just reread go_large's super Super Blue 2 camp report and the threads that followed.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4316

Every positive reported related to Super Blue 2 camp from scheduling an alignment session to the follow-up boot buying session with Chris at the shop in Dumont to the very informative and perspective setting pre-day session talks by Harald and Diana to skiing in the best conditions imaginable could and would need to be rewritten here as a report on the Green/Blue camp.

I would encourage anyone thinking and/or wondering about taking the Green/Blue camp to do so without hesitation. PMTS Essentials are the focus with lots of tipping, flexing, counter balancing, counter acting, upper body and fore/aft balancing. Of particular note was Harold's use of bamboo sticks to help quiet and develop proper coordination of the upper body to match lower body movements. Many of the skills demonstrated on the videos were also prevalent such as skiing on all edges while developing balance, the boot touch drill for cb and the pole tuck drill to help with ca. There is a “right” way to do these drills and we were not allowed to do them in any other fashion which only served to produced significant gains on the part of all fellow group campers.

We also had our picture taken while demonstrating proper foot tipping/hip position/cb/ca and pole position which were later juxtaposed against video. The results were interesting in some cases but we clearly understood and appreciated that the proper movements are attainable.

Although we did not ski bumps with Harald as did go_large, let me say proudly and humbly that campers did get a chance to ski powder with Harald, Diana, Rich and Bob primarily because of the great snow storms that have graced Granby Ranch as well as the rest of the west.

To quote go_large, “Although frustrating at times, I never felt anything other than my skiing improving.” The only thing that can be added is to be prepared to have fun in the process.
RRT

Re: Green/Blue - Camp Report

Postby h.harb » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:25 am

Thanks for the response to the Green Blue Camp, at Granby Ranch, previously Sol Vista,it is the greatest place in Colorado to teach. The slopes are relatively empty and gentle. The snow was perfect and it was warm all week and the groups did a great job of learning and developing. We were able to cover most of the Essentials in the week and get lots of boot work done. All in all, it was another great week. The two faster groups were Blue Camp level skiers, so we had good skiers learning PMTS, many for the first time.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System