HARB SKI SYSTEMS REACHES OUT TO AMERICAN SKIING

PMTS Forum

HARB SKI SYSTEMS REACHES OUT TO AMERICAN SKIING

Postby h.harb » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:35 pm

For American Skiing to develop a broad base of talent and a strong ski team for the future it needs to develop training and coaching at the Grass Roots level like here at Welch Village, Minn. Harb Ski Systems is addressing this challenge because we feel the real skiing movement fundamentals have been neglected . For a glimpse into the efforts check out the latest Blog Post.
http://harbskisysems.blogspot.com/2014/02/harb-ski-systems-trains-coaches-and.html
h.harb

Re: HRB SKI SYSTEMS REACHES OUT TO AMERICAN SKIING

Postby Ihamilton » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:03 pm

Good on you and the Welch Village crew. Lucky kids!
Ihamilton

Postby Max_501 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Ihamilton wrote:Lucky kids!

You got that right! :D
Max_501

Postby jbotti » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Gotta love the new HSS outfits!! Very Cool.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby skijim13 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:02 am

Lucky kids I wish I could teach PMTS at my mountain. Friends could not believe how much my mogul skiing has improved (from using the phantom move). I taught my fellow ski instructor friend how to use it in moguls and he was very impressed with the move. He could not believe how much it improved his mogul skiing. Now he is willing to narrow his very wide stance in his other skiing. Everything in PMTS works and improves your skiing, the PSIA really has not idea what to teach except the wedge turn.
skijim13

Postby HeluvaSkier » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:24 am

This is awesome! Other programs will take notice when Welch kids are continually smoking their kids are races.

It is interesting that new ideas start to gain traction when your program's racers can no longer compete against their competition...
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Re: HARB SKI SYSTEMS REACHES OUT TO AMERICAN SKIING

Postby h.harb » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:51 am

The Program at Welch is getting stronger. A new USSA program and coach and a Harb Skier alignment center (run by Ryan, he's an aerospace engineer go figure) at Welch Village will accelerate their program. I can tell you USSA is listening. I was invited to spend some time with Tiger Shaw and his staff in Park City this summer to demonstrate our programs.
h.harb

Postby Basil j » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:28 am

Great news HH. I did a masters Camp at Killington back in the 90's and Tiger was our guest coach. Very nice guy and hopefully open minded.
Good luck with your meetings.
Basil j

Postby geoffda » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:58 am

Fun to see what HH's "kids" are capable of doing. Amazing what happens with good coaching huh? Maybe once those kids grow up and start taking over the USSA, things will start getting better...

<edit>. Totally missed the piece about Tiger Shaw inviting you to demo PMTS at Park City. That is awesome news! Maybe things will be changing sooner than I thought!
geoffda

Postby Vailsteve » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:15 pm

This has been an amazing series of HH blog posts on the state of USSA coaching and how it can be "done right". And, it is really good to see Tiger Shaw reaching out to HH.

Now if only PSIA would reach out as well...well maybe when pigs fly.

Good news is that I have two, yes two camps coming up!!

Vailsteve
Vailsteve

Postby h.harb » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:04 am

Facebook connected me with one of my former athletes from my N.H. program, Mt Washington Valley last night. The next generation is already here. Betsy Eastman was Junior National Champion in slalom, and the only girls that could beat her as at U14 were US National Team, future World Cup winners, Diane Roffe. She told me she has been using and studying my blog, books and posts for her coaching at Waterville Valley. She just started back into skiing after 12 years off snow. The Harb System is getting imbedded in places around the country.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System