Good TFR video, not HH or Max?

PMTS Forum

Re: Good TFR video, not HH or Max?

Postby h.harb » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:33 pm

Frankly, I am astonished someone would want details about different body types, for movement variations, yet has not had alignment done. The inconsistencies in movement based on incorrect alignment, so far out distance and out weigh differences in body type comparison, it's not even a point of discussion . Moore, why are you wasting your time on trivialities, when the real problems that could exist are far beyond this fascination you have for more people performing a TFR. I can't grasp this insistence on your part to buck all the answers that have been given to you by knowledgeable people on this subject and then you give weak excuses in response. It's amazing you would want to dominate people's time in this manner. And the tennis analogy is totally bogus to boot. Max_501 was right on the money with his response. Please cease and desist from this topic, for everyone's peace of mind.
h.harb

Postby JohnMoore » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:57 am

ToddW wrote:Make your next ski trip a ski carpet trip. Go to Portes du Ski and get some privates and alignment from Jasper. Jasper's a good guy and he'll significantly improve your skiing. His spoken English is good, so no worries there.

I'll try and fit a trip in for late Feb or early March. It's something I've been meaning to do for ages but haven't had the time for. I've actually been quite inspired by the experience of go_large_or_go_home with the dry ski slope, because until now I'd never known of anyone using one to improve their PMTS skiing, and had always assumed that the surface was sufficiently different from real snow as to make it unviable as a learning medium. If I can use my local dry slope, though, to work on any stuff which might be taught by Jasper at the dry slope in Dordrecht, I think there's the possibility of worthwhile progress.
JohnMoore

Postby JohnMoore » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:06 am

h.harb wrote:It's amazing you would want to dominate people's time in this manner.... Please cease and desist from this topic, for everyone's peace of mind.

Harald, I sincerely hope that nobody posting in this thread felt that their time was being dominated, as you put it. I felt, and still feel, that it was a perfectly innocent and indeed reasonable question that I posed. But I do now 'cease and desist from this topic'.
JohnMoore

Postby h.harb » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:45 am

Thank you.
h.harb

Postby nipper » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:15 am

John,
I have been using a dry slope here in UK for PMTS practice for about five years now. A lot can be achieved on the dry slope such as eliminating the up move, flexing to release, phantom move, foot pull back, etc, etc. The two footed release from a static start is problematic as the bristles tend to stop the skis from releasing and so there is a tendency to want to force the turn. I prefer to leave this drill for time on snow so as not to practice bad movements. The dry slope is not ideal but it is all that most of us in UK have ready access to and if used wisely can be of great benefit.
nipper

Postby HeluvaSkier » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:25 am

If I had a dry slope at my disposal I would be skiing year-round. Those who have them are actually fortunate.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System