Booster Straps...any opinions?

PMTS Forum

Postby *SCSA » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:16 pm

I use 'em, wouldn't skee without 'em.
My strap is against the liner, inside of the plastic.

I haven't had one lick of shin bang since. No way, would I skee without my Booster on.
*SCSA

Postby Kent » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:41 pm

ok Booster straps ROCK!!!
I'm such a Dork. I was told they were a gimmick by a long time instructor (not PMTS) so I believed him....along with stem progression he is out to lunch.
I bought Boosters based on this thread and I LOVE THEM! No shin bang and a smooth flex/rebound.
everything I read here about PMTS and ski stuff is right on. best season yet for me Thanks HH and everyone.
Kent

Postby *SCSA » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:59 pm

Well duh.

Stuff that we talked about 5 years ago, people are just now catching on to. :)

Stick with us, "Kent". You'll go places.
*SCSA

S10 setup

Postby Hobbit » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:48 pm

I've placed the boosters on my S10 boots acoording to Harald's notes. The booster strap is mounted with two screws inside the shell just above the Velcro strap. Keep the Velcro straps in place since they are very handy for carrying the boots over the shoulder.
Hobbit
Site Admin

Postby LewBobSki » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:50 pm

Hobbit, Shouldn't the Booster straps be outside the shell? They should wrap around the back of the upper shell, then around the tongue in front. I have actually found that I like them over the inside flap, but under the outside flap, if you can picture that. Lew[/b][/i]
LewBobSki

Postby Harald H. » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:45 pm

I always put my boosters inside the shell because I like the tongue to control presure on my shin not the plastic. My shins are very sensitive as when I was racing I had a year with shin bang so bad that I couldn't ski.
Harald H.

Postby *SCSA » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:45 am

I had mine outside the plastic until I saw HH doin it the other way. Then I did it like HH, put the strap inside the plastic. :)

I love my booster strap.
*SCSA

Postby Hobbit » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:38 am

I had them on the outside first (this is what the picture on the package suggests) and this setup was not working well.
I think it might depend on the specific boot design, but in general, when the strap is completely inside the shell, you do not depend on the shell position for the booster to start working. You can control independently how tight (or loose) the upper buckle is set and when the shin support "switches" from leaning on booster to bending the shell.
Hobbit
Site Admin

Postby SLAVA » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:02 pm

i never saw how HH ware them but i always have them inside.
great response and what a big suppot in havy wet slash of mt. Hood! (spring)

3 days ago first time i used boosters with HH carvers very pleased!
great support in "one foot carving" and "figure 8" dreals and over all carving .
DOCENDO DISCIMUS.
SLAVA

Postby Joseph » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:35 am

I'm hopping on the booster train real soon. I've been developing some shin bang over the past couple weeks. Yesterday it was so bad that I didn't want to ski anymore. I don't want to ski unless somthing changes. I'm hoping that the booster will alleviate some of this discomfort--I mean pain. I'll let everyone know if it helps.

Joseph
Joseph

Postby Max_501 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:40 pm

Can one of you guys that put the strap on the inside of the shell post a picture. I'm not getting it.
Max_501

Postby tanman » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:17 pm

HI Guys,
Yeh, pictures would be handy. And can anyone suggest what kind off rivets we need. I am not the handiest person on earth so some help is will be greatly appreiciated in this area too.
Thanks
tanman

booster straps

Postby davidpjr » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:38 pm

I used no rivets. I drilled holes in the rear spoiler that sticks up above the rear of the boot and put small bolts with locknuts. Works great and easy to remove if you get new boots.
david pennington
davidpjr

rivets

Postby kirtland » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:03 pm

You can probably get a fastener, which is similair to a rivet, that screws together at your hardware store or ski shop. It is the same fastener some boot manufactures use. The 3/8" length is probably about right. Use some loctite on the threads or get a couple of extras in case they vibrate loose.
kirtland

Re: booster straps

Postby Max_501 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:30 pm

davidpjr wrote:I used no rivets. I drilled holes in the rear spoiler that sticks up above the rear of the boot and put small bolts with locknuts. Works great and easy to remove if you get new boots.

Bolts in your boots and you don't feel it against your leg?
Max_501

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System