Lateral boot for wide foot

PMTS Forum

Lateral boot for wide foot

Postby jdhancey » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:53 pm

I'm 6'1" and 190 lbs and am an advanced skier, returning to the sport after many years. My foot is size 9.5, E width and I've been trying on size 26.5 or a 305 mm sole length. I'm looking for a good lateral boot, but I also have a high instep and my feet seem to supinate with ankles rolling out. I've decided to go with the Harb method and have bought the books and videos.

Problem is, the only boot they've been able to fit to my foot is the Technica Rival RX HVL which has an extreme forward lean where my knee is well over the toe of the boot. It's the only boot I've been able to keep on my foot for longer than a few minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what boot might work for me? I'd appreciate any recommendations from those with this type of foot. I don't live near a Harb alignment center, so I need to be able to work with bootfitter in the Ogden UT area.

Thanks for your help,
Doug
jdhancey

Postby Ken » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:11 pm

John Feig, RPT
Canyon Sports Therapy
(at the Canyon Racquet Club)
7350 S. Wasatch Blvd.
Salt Lake City, UT
(801)944-1209
skibetter@aol.com

http://www.harbskisystems.com/alignshop.htm
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Postby Joseph » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:30 pm

Look at Dalbellos or Salomons. They are both pretty good lateral boots. Do not buy the Technica, you'd be wasting your money. Joseph
Joseph

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System