Whistler Presentation

PMTS Forum

Re: Whistler Presentation

Postby Ken » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:28 pm

I just got back from a trip to Whistler. I got to ski a few runs with Irwin and his friends...good time.

I skied with a woman in our group who was struggling on a green run. I spent an hour and a half with her, and got her to tip, lighten and pull back the free foot. She was grinning and having a great time making easy, controlled turns. I skied a couple of hours with a struggling blue run skier who's skied for many years. He did OK tipping, lightening, pulling back, and I gave him some upper body drills he could use on his own to change his old, deeply ingrained habits of inclining and reaching way forward for a pole plant. He immediately commented on how he was skiing longer without any thigh burn, and how easy it was to stay balanced on his skis that were now turning him, not him muscling his skis around. We did some drills on a lumpy crud run (when I took a wrong turn) that would have been a challenge for him before, and he skied it easily while doing drills. It seems to be magic...it really is simple observation and application of how a ski wants to turn....with a lot of thought and experimentation on how to accomplish this. Two friends are going to their first camps at A-Basin this year on my recommendation, and I know they'll like it. I recommended the camps to the two people I mentioned above, and they may be campers next season.
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System