Anyone Can be an Expert Skier

PMTS Forum

Anyone Can be an Expert Skier

Postby jlskier » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:15 pm

Harald and HSS,

I have been going back and forth ever since I picked up a copy of Breakthrough on the New skis between PMTS style instruction and all the other things I have read and learned from other techniques. Needless to say I confused myself completely as I am an intermediate skier trying to break out.

At long last I decided to go with my instincts and picked up a copy of Anyone Can be an Expert Skier 1 with the included DVD. It was shrink wrapped so I didn't know what I was getting, and I had heard that it was too technical and dogmatic, but I have tried the phantom move and I thought it worked so I took a leap of faith and put my money where my mouth was.

Thank you. I don't know the success I will have going forward commiting myself to a full practice of PMTS, but even if I fail horribly, I still want to say thank you for putting out such a quality piece of instructional material. I found the book to be exceptionally well documented and the movements described in efficient detail. With the combined DVD, all of my questions have been answered. Lito's book is fun to read, and a great introduction, but anyone looking to try PMTS needs this book to complete the picture.

Strangely, reading Anyone Can Be an Expert Skier, I saw absolutely none of the criticisms that people often level at PMTS. The stance is narrow but not feet glued together and it was never said turns have to be carved, rather it seems you are quite clealy saying if you follow these movements correctly your stance will be functional and your turns will quite naturally be carved because thats what the shaped skis do.

From an intermediate skier that really wants to improve, thanks for putting out quality that makes me feel like I purchased wisely. I now feel like I have everything I need to go forth and commit to PMTS without reservation.
jlskier

Postby trtaylor » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:37 am

jlskier,

Welcome to PMTS. Great post.

I started just like you, first reading Lido's book and then switching to Harald's and I feel exactly the same way, regarding the quality of the material and the instructions.

I'd encourage you to continue to post here on the forum as you progress with your skiing. You'll find it to be a great group, eager to help.

Tim
trtaylor

Postby Joseph » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:44 am

Thanks Jl,

We hope that if you have any questions, you won't hesitate to ask. Good luck with PMTS. I think you'll find that not only will you be able to break out of the intermediate rut, you may find that with hard work and dedication there's no top end to your skiing. Joseph
Joseph

Postby Harrison » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:53 pm

that is a very good post
skinny skiers unite
Harrison

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System