Fist day on the snow yesterday Using PMTS-Good Day!

PMTS Forum

Re: Fist day on the snow yesterday Using PMTS-Good Day!

Postby Basil j » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:40 am

So I skied with a Pal yesterday who took some footage of me, skiing at pretty high speed down a good pitch He said he would email it to me. I was shocked at what was going on VS what I was feeling on the snow. Although my turns feel very clean and single footed while I am skiing I noticed that during my turns I am using a very deliberate movement of lifting and pulling my inside foot and back in at the start of each turn & tipping my inside foot. I am keeping my inside hand up and maintaining a high inside hip until I get towards the end of the turn. I was shocked to see my inside foot drop back onto the snow at the end of almost every turn. My hip drops and I am stepping across to start my new turn and it is creating some extension and a push off movement I did not even realize I was doing. At slow speeds I can maintain good 2 footed releases to start turns but at speed as pressure builds into my turns I partially revert back to older movements. I will spend this weekend working on keeping my inside ski pushing against my boot and staying low and flexed during transition. I wish I caught this earlier in the season, but have had zero luck getting filmed. I feel like I have been working an improper movement unchecked for half the season. My skiing definitely feels much better, more solid and better balanced than from the start of the season, but I am not using PMTS moves exclusively yet :shock:
Basil j

Re: Fist day on the snow yesterday Using PMTS-Good Day!

Postby BigE » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:49 pm

It's a tough road when you're alone. I've been there. It is SO important to get video somehow. I've experienced improvements since last season, due to one simple drill from Harald, that lead to skiing in balance. Keep at it, and if you can, get video. I borrowed a camera to do it last season.
BigE

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System