When I see this, it warms my heart!

PMTS Forum

When I see this, it warms my heart!

Postby h.harb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:09 am

http://harbskisysems.blogspot.com

Everything PMTS is here in this photo, nothing Epic and USSA Ski coaches have been telling skiers to do is in this photo.
h.harb

Re: When I see this, it warms my heart!

Postby h.harb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:58 pm

What is really exciting is that PMTS movements are the standard for the top 4 guys skiing on the world cup. The only way you get photos like the one I put up on my blog is by skiing into those positions with PMTS movements. What I've battled to demonstrate to the skiing world is what is happening when done right today by the best skiers.

Nothing that Epic or PSIA or USSA coaching argued that skiers should be using is being used by the 4 best world cup skiers. PMTS principles like, flex to release, inside foot pull back, inside leg flexing, inside leg tipping, CA and CB all the essentials. are pervasive.

How about what the rest were advising? Like: extension on the uphill leg, pivoting, move the hip forward, standing on two feet, wide stance, drive the knee. This is useless garbage and it's still out there, many coaches are still using it. I hear it everyday on the slopes. It's sad for the kids in these programs.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System