I love the Welch Village, Big Sky connection.

PMTS Forum

I love the Welch Village, Big Sky connection.

Postby h.harb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:05 pm

h.harb

Re: I love the Welch Village, Big Sky connection.

Postby jbotti » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Big Sky is one of the biggest baddest mountains in the world with steeps (and terrain) that rival Snowbird, Squaw, Jackson Hole etc. With Moonlight Basin it's almost as big as the combined Whistler Blackcomb in terms of skiable acres (i think it's actually bigger than Vail). And.. it is by far the least crowded resort (with any reasonable terrain) anywhere in North America. Lastly the pow is light and fluffy and mostly blower. It sounds from the blog like Welch Passes will potentially include Big Sky and Moonlight. Awesome!! It's a short flight from Minneapolis. If you guys come out let me know and I can show you around some assuming I am there at the same time.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby h.harb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:38 pm

John's right, it's one of the least known of the really "super resorts". It never has lift lines and has great snow and trails for everyone. One of my favorite areas to ski. My first full week there in 2002 it snowed 1 foot every night for 7 days. The Austrian ski school director took me all over the mountain for a day. The lift served powder was incredible and I'd just spent a week in Fernie, B.C. skiing power. It was almost as good as skiing back East. LOL
h.harb

Postby emakarios » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:51 pm

Love Big Sky, love Lone Peak.
emakarios

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System