Head S12 Boots

PMTS Forum

Head S12 Boots

Postby Belskisfast » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:32 pm

Thank you Harald for recommending the Head S12. It is far and away the finest boot I have ever owned, and the stance and support it offers enhances both comfort and energy. They are not quite broken in yet, only 9days, but they were more comfortable out of the box than my 7 year old Technica Eplosion 8's.
A business associate who is a novice skier and just bought Anyone 1 and DVD, asked for a boot recommendation. Would you say the S12 or would the S10 be a better choice for a novice?

Harald, how about a PMTS calander with shots of Diana racing etc. I will need something to get me through those long summer months....lol.

Thanks again
Belskisfast

Head has designed the right boot for shaped skis

Postby Harald Harb » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:14 pm

I am glad you are enjoying your Head boots. The Head line now has a number of models like your S12, all the way to the S8, which is still a very solid boot for the advanced skier. The S10 does not come with the internal frame, but it is also the same design as the S12.

We are very happy with the Head boot line and so are our customers and skiers. Our skiers are noticing immediate skiing benefits as well as fit comfort.

We have always seen performance improvements with the Head line, but this new series is the best yet. We are glad you are enjoying them. I am skiing the RS 100, which is essentially the same boot as the S12. I love the boot for every situation.
Harald Harb

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:01 pm

I tried Head boots and couldn't get a good shell fit...one too small and the next too big.

I got Nordica Beast 12 boots and really like them...much better than my Langes even after the Langes had been worked over by a very good fitter.

I'm hoping to get to Big Sky to get alignment-checked by the HH trained boot fitter there, Chris Brown in Belgrade, Montana.

Belskisfast,
Don't over-equip your friend. Get him gear that suits his present and near-future skiing ability.

Ken

Postby Joseph » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:22 pm

Just for everyone's information--especially Ken, Harald and Diana were very happy to welcome Chris Brown back at the Harb Skier Alignment center earlier this year. Unfortunately there is no longer a Harb trained alignment technition in Montana. The big sky state's loss is Colorado's gain.

As for Bel's query. There are a few important considerations. How big is he both weight wise and in leg length. If he is tall or heavy, he may overpower a softer boot in short order. The best way to find out is to try both on and see how your friend feels about both. If he can flex the S12 comfortably in the shop, odds are he can learn to flex it in short order on the slope.
Joseph

Postby Max » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:07 pm

Joseph, I was under the impression that we no longer actively flexed the ski boots while skiing, but your comment would seem to indicate that I'm mistaken. Can you elaborate? I don't recall reading or seeing anything in the videos about flexing the boots.
Max

Postby Belskisfast » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:37 pm

Thanks all for the feedback. As far as flexing the boot, I believe it is important for balance as in regaining ones balance from an unbalanced position. That the boot is stiff, as is my understanding having read HH discuss this, keeps us supported in most situations. I could be misunderstanding this but I think the ability to flex into the boot and bend the ankle provides for some dynamic movement fore and aft as needed to absorb terrain and make recoveries etc. Is this correct?
For my novice friend I think that the stiffest boot he can functionally flex into would serve him best and grow with him as his skill set increases.

Another 3 feet of snow at Sugarbowl since yesterday. Wish some of you could join me tomorrow :D :D~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belskisfast

Postby Joseph » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:42 am

Actively flexing the boot is more an outcome of putting your body in a good position over the ski. It is not the desired effect itself.
Joseph

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System