Another example of complete misunderstanding of skiing.

PMTS Forum

Re: Another example of complete misunderstanding of skiing.

Postby nipper » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:55 am

BASI have long held the view that they have the best teaching system in the world. They have repeated this mantra to themselves so many times that they actually believe it. It is a case of "the emporer's new clothes. For anyone wishing to get PMTS training in Europe, it is virtually impossible for the average Joe. Only Hintertux and training from Gus and Jasper is available. I teach on a dry slope and have to teach tts up to wedge turn level. After that I try to introduce as much of the PMTS model as I can. The irony is that I am often trying to teach things which. I am still trying to change/perfect in my own skiing. On the positive side no one is dictating to me what and how to teach after wedge turns. Perhaps the answer may be to get more Europeans accredited so that they can bring qualified PMTS instructors into the dry slopes and Indoor snow centres around Europe. I think that getting PMTS instructors into most European ski schools will take a while. Protectionism is alive and well in Europe.
nipper

Postby h.harb » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:45 am

Wow, "BASI have long held the view that they have the best teaching system in the world." Is there a problem Huston?

In a nut shell, this is the first sign of a failed origination. I have personally met the biomechanics advisor to the BASIes and talked with the him, he told me straight up they wouldn't listen, and have contrived, invented, their own ideas of biomechanics as a result. That's like saying, I have my own idea of E=MC squared. Einstein can't be right. And even if Einstein is wrong, how would I know?
h.harb

Postby nipper » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:03 am

I look on the bright side. If I had not realised how poor the BASI teaching system was I would not have discovered PMTS.
nipper

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System