Prescribe the Red Pill

PMTS Forum

Prescribe the Red Pill

Postby pzotalis » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:32 am

I am trying to tell myself that this new video series I saw the other day from Intermountain PSIA is good for movement analysis. But because of my position in the ski industry here in the Midwest it easily angers me knowing that his type of instruction is offered everywhere where PSIA is taught, which basically means every ski area in the Midwest with the exception of a few PMTS trained instructors at a couple different areas. As a result, this effects our lack of growth in the ski industry. I encourage you not to make fun of it because the people skiing, teaching, and producing these videos know not what they do. I like to look at PSIA as the Matrix. They all chose to take the blue pill from Morpheus. We are choosing the red pill. We need to work together in order to write more prescriptions for red pills. In my opinion, we need to look at this instruction (a.k.a confusing lessons from people who do not know how to teach skiing movement and bio-mechanics but are self-ordained "Pros") as opportunities to make ourselves better ambassadors for PMTS and proper ski coaching.

Again...remember...they know not what they do.
http://vimeo.com/channels/psia/videos

If you have no idea about the Matrix reference watch this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ1_IbFFbzA
Last edited by pzotalis on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pzotalis

Re: Prescribe the Red Pill

Postby h.harb » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:48 am

You just have to remember there is a higher standard than this stuff. Most people don't know, this is not it, but the pictures don't lie.
h.harb

Postby pzotalis » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:56 am

Keep in mind that these videos represent the organization's version of what they think is the highest standard for higher ability- level skiing and instruction. What worries me the most are the thousands of beginner lessons taught with a wedge. In most cases, you get one chance to convert a beginner. Once a a typical wedge lesson is taught by a level 1 "Pro" is taught, the chances for retention diminishes.
pzotalis

Postby h.harb » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Agreed, a Level 1 is not a pro for starters.
h.harb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System