PMTS Forum

Pre-season drills

Postby Mr. T » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:09 am

Hello Everybody.
I would like to know if anybody could suggest any pre-season,
dry-land drill to work on in order to develop those leg muscles that
control the ability to keep legs close together while tilting the inside
ski toward the little-toe edge.
Thank you in advance for the kindness of a reply.

Mr. T :wink:

Go big or go home!
Well, OK you can stay even if you don't go that big
Mr. T

dry-land exercises for keeping legs together

Postby ullr » Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:37 am

Since you would have to simultaneously keep your stance leg from going too far forward as well as to the outside of the turn (presumably this is where gravity and momentum would move the leg without any muscle tension), you'd want to strengthen your hamstrings (pulls lower leg back), hip extensors, i.e.butt (pulls upper leg back) and the inner quads and pelvic muscles, i.e.adductors(pulls leg inward). Most of the exercise places have machines with names on the machines fitting these movements or muscle groups. I suppose running on uneven ground would do this too, altho you'd only have your body weight to move and you could do something wicked to a joint on uneven terrain.
ullr

Pre-seaon prep

Postby H.Harb » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:20 pm

Hi Mr. T,

Early season exercise and balance preparation is very important for your skiing enjoyment and health. Keep knee pain and muscle stress to a minimum by doing even simple in home exercises. Have a look at either the PMTS.org or the harbskisystems.com site to see many examples of simple in house programs. If you are serious about getting started my book ?Ski Flex? is a good resource. I don?t want to appear like I?m just soliciting my products here, but the truth is I am not embarrassed in doing so because my resources were produced to respond to the requests and interests from our skiers. I hope this helps.

Harald
H.Harb

pre season drills

Postby rbrooks » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:52 pm

Hi, Harald--

I looked on your sites, but I could not find "Ski Flex" listed. How can one obtain a copy?

Randy Brooks
rbrooks

Ski Flex

Postby H.HArb » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:27 pm

Sorry about the confusion, Ski Flex is available from us if you call 303-567-4663. Please leave a number and I'll call back if you miss me. Thank-You.
H.HArb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System