Questions on "rotary" and "steering"

PMTS Forum

Postby piggyslayer » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:41 am

I read again ydnar and Si.
It is very true that many muscles are attached to femur some originate in the hip area, some insert into fib/tib. If the femur rotates, some of these muscles are obviously affected, that does not mean that they control the movement.

Here is an analogy: try writing on a blackboard. I hope you use fine muscles located in your hand and forearm to write. Place your hand on your arm and see that you bicep and triceps are slightly contracting from time to time. If you skinny and have developed shoulders place the other hand on different places in shoulder joint and see small movements in rotator cuff, delts, lats, even pecs etc. Still I hope you are not writing with these!
This analogy gives me an idea for an exercise, I will post is separately.

Merry Christmas to everyone.
All tippers and steerers alike I hope all of us have a lot of enjoyment and fun skiing next year.
Piggy Slayer
let the piggy breathe
piggyslayer

Postby *SCSA » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:22 am

Well.

I'm glad we got that straightened out.
:arrow: Did anyone notice the appearance by butthead? Nice job, butthead. Come back anytime. Bring some chicks w/ya.

And on that note, I think I'm gonna steer my way over to Vail today for some turns. Then, I'm gonna tip a few, with those guys. :wink:

Baby we need some snow. Pray for snow.
*SCSA

Postby milesb » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:37 am

Nice analagy piggy.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Questions on 'Rotary' and 'Steering'

Postby H2OSKIER » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:36 am

I just bought a pair of Rossi Elite Pro 2 women's boots, are these considered Lateral Boots? My husband is also questioning his old Lange L10s.
H2OSKIER

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System