PMTS is racing

PMTS Forum

PMTS is racing

Postby Harald » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:43 pm

I would like to congratulate Diana, my partner for her win in the Loveland GS today. She was skiing on Head GS skis and using PMTS technique, which I understand for some are handicaps for skiing fast or skiing well. She also won by the margin of five seconds over last season?s National women?s masters GS champion in 2nd place.

Diana has not only won before in masters racing she has had the fastest time of the day, beating all the men. She has not done this yet this year because the hills and the courses have not been difficult enough. She does not have the mass or the strength to compete with men on flat easy runs. She beats the men when the hill is steep, long and difficult. I think her technique is working. This will be an exciting year to watch.
Harald

Postby tommy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:47 am

Can't say I'm surprised: having skied with Diana, seen her blasting down a steep run in awful foggy conditions, I don't think there's anything she can't do on skis...!

Congrats!

--T
tommy

Postby jbotti » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:27 am

Congrats as well to Diana.
I actually just spent 3 days with Diana with her working on my skiing. What makes her victory even more impressive is that she has had virtually no time to work on her racing this season. She told me that she was entering her racing season this year with low expectations because her schedule had dictated virtually no slope time dedicated to racing. It really is a testament to her technique (and off season conditioning) that she can not only be competitive, but also win.
After seeing the impact she and Harald make on my skiing, really none of this is a surprise.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby Harrison » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:05 pm

yea, head skis and PMTS does really make it hard to win races, thats amazing she could do it!
skinny skiers unite
Harrison

Dud

Postby Harald » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:01 pm

You must be psychic, that?s exactly what I was thinking.
Harald

what's up

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:23 pm

I eat peanut butter sandwich at lunch racing in NH, it doesn't matter. You have to want to go fast, no posers here.
Dan

Postby Tommi » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:19 am

Tommi

Postby Tommi » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:34 pm

Tommi

Postby *SCSA » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:45 pm

Tommi,

Way to get it right.
I knew that wasn't Diana, in the first post.

This one is. She's hot -- hot I tell ya! She's got great form.
*SCSA

Postby Harrison » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:35 pm

dan, is your last name eagan?
skinny skiers unite
Harrison

be real

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:18 pm

It matters when you launch, the rest is just fluff except PMTS. I skied with the best, I didn't say I was the best, just skied with , Combs, Smit, Moe, Harb, Nobus, and MacGrath. I know you are in good hands here with HH, he rips with the best. I've seen him at Alyeska and at Alpine.

The man clear doesn't care, he goes down hill. It doesn't matter what those instructors say, HH is so far beyond them, they can't touch him. They won't ski with him. They can't ski with him.
Dan

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System