Can't "Curb my enthusiasm"

PMTS Forum

Can't "Curb my enthusiasm"

Postby *SCSA » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:57 am

I'm all excited... :lol:

Hey I just want to say how far we've come and how cool this is. I know in my case it's been 6 years now.

1) We got Rusty posting here now which is a clear indication that he'll be signing up for a camp soon.

2) We got SS and the Apprentice now. Young ones, who do a great job of helping all us gapers out. Thanks you...he/she/its. :lol:

3) Our little club ain't so little any more. Yeah, I get kinda sad. But HH promised me this would always stay, a cool little thang. So that make me feel better. :wink:

4) I helped someone make better turns yesterday. Can you stand it! Who would have thunk it! That's so groovy. :D

5) Direct to parallel is everywhere now. It started right here.

I just wanna give all you he/she/its a big kiss! :lol:

But I gotta go. :)
*SCSA

Postby *SCSA » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:15 am

I'm making turns with Harald next Monday the 3rd (possibly the 4th too) @ the Basin. Anyone who is coming to the camp ought to be excited, cuz baby, we're gonna rip it up!

groovy.

Harald. Thanks for ordering my skis! I can't wait to get them. My prediction is that the new im88 will be the next big ski, for Head.

See you and everyone else in a week, @ the Basin. :D
*SCSA

Postby sunrise » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:19 pm

Is that the new fat ski by Head? Is it available yet? I just did a quick search to try and find some details but couldn't find anything.

Have a great time!

Julianne
sunrise

Postby *SCSA » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:39 am

Morning sunrise, Happy New Year to ya.

The im88 is a brand new ski for 05/06. It's an upgrade to the im85, which I was going to buy until I found out about the 88.

I've just had nothing but good luck skiing on Head's. Their warranty and customer service is first class. I've sent a few pair of skis back and every time they've sent me a brand new pair. What hooked me on the 88 is that it's supposed to ski like the im75, which I have now. I love the im75.

If you really wanna pair, you should contact Harald.

I'm making turns at the National Convention starting on Monday. :D
*SCSA

Postby sunrise » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:21 am

Happy new year to you too, SCSA! (though it's evening over this part of the world).

oooh, this sounds very interesting. I'd like to know more. I wonder if they'll ship overseas. I think Harold will be hard to contact while the camp is on, but I'll see if I can drop him a line. Is it best to email him at harbsystems?

If I decide to get these skis I would use them as my fat powder ski. I have Dyna Legend 4800 at 75 waist as my piste/mid-fat ski. I would have gotten the Monster 75 chip but couldn't get my recommended length over here.

Have a great time next week! I wish I could join one of the all mountain camps, hopefully next year. In the meantime we seem to have a couple of good powder trips lined up, which should help hone my fledgling powder skills a little further. I was in Hakuba the last few days, couldn't handle the thigh deep stuff on my 4800s, probably due to lack of skill more than anything else, though I did a lot better on the shallower calf-deep stuff. Fat skis will help.

So will sorting out my new liners, but that's another story......

The 4800s love crud and carve nice enough for my liking too.

cheers,
Julianne
sunrise

Postby *SCSA » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:44 am

Howdee sunrise,

Just leave a message @ 303-567-4663. I'll see him on Monday and let him know, too.

It's snowing here in Hole In The Sky. Tomorrow is going to be great -- the snow is really great.
*SCSA

Postby sunrise » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:37 am

Hey there SCSA,

thanks for that. I'm zonked and am about to crash out over here and may not get a chance to phone before Monday your time. In which case would you mind asking about prices and lengths? I'm around 163cm (possibly a tiny bit taller) and 121 lbs. I'd be wanting fat skis almost exclusively for deeper powder / off piste, so, assuming the lengths are the same as the 75 chip, I'm wondering if the slightly longer 163 would be better for me than 156 (the available lengths for the 75), as I said my so-called 'official' piste ski will be the 4800, which I have in 158. Depending on the price, I may or may not be able to afford (read 'justify') to buy and and ship a pair right at this point, in which case I may try and find a used pair of 165 pocket rockets or get some K2 Phat Luvs, (though the smallest available length for these here is 167, maybe a little too long for me). I can't imagine that the new Head would be available here so soon, but then again I could be wrong... Anyway, thanks and happy skiing!

cheers
Julianne

PS - is this ski a chip ski, or without chip?
sunrise

Postby *SCSA » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:19 am

Morning sunrise,

I told them you're interested. They have 3 pair there now, one of them is mine. Not sure about the other 2, what size they are. But I saw Diana yesterday -- she was drooling over them. :D

Don't go too tall. I ski on 177's (both for powder and packed powder), my skis come up to the tip of my nose. I ordered the im88 in a 179, even though it comes in a 186. The im88 is a big ski -- you don't want it so long that it gets away from you.

Gotta go now -- I'm gettin small. :wink:
*SCSA

Postby sunrise » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:03 pm

Good afternoon SCSA,

Thanks. I will give them a call. I'll let you know if anything pans out.

cheers
Julianne

PS - sounds like you had an enlightening time skiing. There's a zen saying along the lines of leaving your ego at the door as well as having a beginner's mind. Seems like you did a great job with both :)
sunrise

Postby *SCSA » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:24 am

Hiya sunrise,

yes, I did. Although the first hour HH nearly lost his mojo with me. :wink: But that's why he's such a great coach. The man just knows, which buttons to press with me. Get this. They all took bets, that I wouldn't show up the second day. :lol:

When you call, you may want to ask for Diana. She's the woman. You may find it easier to chat with her.

Okay. One more post than time is up! :)
*SCSA

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System