Progressing to CA and CB

PMTS Forum

Re: Progressing to CA and CB

Postby Max_501 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:48 pm

jbotti wrote:but in PMTS we try to exaggerate the movements when we are working on them.

Isn't that Secret #5 on the latest DVD?
Max_501

Postby MonsterMan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:47 am

The first person to name all of the secrets wins a prize!!
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby BigE » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:15 am

I do not think the video was a mistake at all. I think it was an excellent opportunity to see a PMTS devotee do a drill. Now that we know exactly what you were thinking when doing it, it helps to understand a great deal when looking at it. In my mind, it was a terrific success!

As well, the results are remarkable.

IMO, there is no confusion, only opportunity for questions, and I thank you for posting the video.

I'd like to see more! :)

Cheers!
BigE

Postby cheesehead » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:05 am

I too thought there was some pushing of the tails. But if there were, there would be braking and skidding going on, which there is not. I have noticed the same effect when watching short turns by Harald. The explanation of it being an effect of strong counteracting makes sense, I think.
--- aka John Carey
Madison, Wisconsin
cheesehead

Postby BigE » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:39 pm

The video was very valuable to me. Especially the twisting out of the tails. That is something that I could detect when I isolated Counteraction and did not tip enough. After about the third or fourth run doing this movement, I was able to better link brushed carves and better control my speed. After about 8 runs, the hips must've been tired, as their location became difficult to determine. I continued to attempt stronger CA during the skiing for the rest of the day. What I noticed was a decrease in stance width, and the angle of the torso over the pelvis as it bends changes slightly.

The next day, I was exhausted and could manage only three runs. Must've used previously dormant muscles.
BigE

Postby Max_501 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Great example of the work it takes to get CA/CB into your skiing!
Max_501

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System