Milk Report, Tuesday morning 12-7

PMTS Forum

Milk Report, Tuesday morning 12-7

Postby milesb » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:06 am

The sky was puking thick, really thick deep Mammoth snow. A magical chute that the wind dumps even more powder into. Drop straight down into it, I'm only going about 10 mph! :shock: Wait to reach terminal velocity, here it is, about 15 mph! :D Let's start our turns. Just a little LTE tippee to the right, a little LTE tippee to the left, repeat 10 times. Swing the poles back and forth. Or not. A couple of big airplane turns up the sides of the narrow part, and it's into the trees. OMG it's even deeper, up to my waist! 8) Where did my legs go? A couple of 5 foot airs off some well placed bushes, no wait those are tree tops! Take a big left into the powder bumps, I did something new, flying off the top of a bump onto the downhill side of the next one down. Hey, it worked, let's try another one, whoops, missed that one, bobble bobble :oops: , zipperline the rest. Straightlining the blue run back to the chair, I still have to pole through a few spots. Check the watch, time for one more! :wink:

I spent the first 2 hours of the morning coaching my wife in the knee deep snow. It was easy, "go straight downhill then turn right and left just a wee bit, don't worry about the speed, there won't be any". After a tentative run she realized the truth of it and set about eating up all the freshies on the few blue runs that were open. She said "it should always be easy like this!" Then the chair to the top of that chute opened, leaving me just enough time for 2 magical runs before we had to hit the highway.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Awesome!

Postby John Mason » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:05 am

My only powder day was a year ago and I was a lost puppy in that stuff. I can't wait to try it again though.

I like your description of waiting for terminal velocity then turning. I was not patient a year ago.
John Mason

Postby milesb » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:49 pm

John, ordinarily it's a bad idea to wait until you reach terminal velocity before starting turns. Especially in a 40 degree chute. But patience is the way to go.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System