Ankle / leg strenghth - "ski fitness"

PMTS Forum

Re: Work exercises!

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:35 pm

skirmastr wrote:I also have remembered one more balance and strengthening exercise that I started doing a few years ago and have lapsed a little bit on. It is very simple and really works the balancing muscles of the legs. Instead of sitting down to put your socks and shoes on you have to do it all from a standing position. Sounds simple until you try it! It includes the tying of your shoe laces.

Simple, very germane to the subject, and practical. Thanks, skirmastr, I'm adding that to my other balance activities.

Michael

Postby mkgil » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:38 pm

That was me above. Damned login!

Michael
mkgil

Postby Bluey » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:36 pm

skimastr,

......I've been tied up with a lot of other stuff recently....mostly work related,...( read boring )..... which I wont go into....

......so, I have not spent much of my time focusing on anything related to skiiing at all recently.

If there was snow Down Here then I would, ..... but its the Summer and the heat is frying the beach-bunnies.....which is another good reason to wear more clothing which covers those vital parts when you are on the beach).....Ooops, I'm going off-subject (waffling)....

in respect to exercising........a lot of my "train-time" has now been spent working on learning French..... as I intend to go to New Caledonia in early- mid January( a 2 hr flight from Sydney) with the family, so as you can imagine it would be very hard to work if I attempted doing my balance exercises and at the same time work on flipping thru my French/English dictionary...........if you get my slant.....C'est la vie!!

In respect to the exercise of Socks & Shoes exercise mentioned above... well, I must be doing something wrong as it was a no-brainer for me ..... so I presume it must be an exercise which is meant to be done with the eyes closed???......

Anyway, its the 24th of December Down Here, so for me, tomorrow is......... Christmas !! .....so to you all, ....thanks for the companionship & ......a very Merry and Safe Christmas.....

Bluey

PS, tomorrow I will be doing more tipping of my free hand/glass than my free foot . .....so definitely, no Steering.......Cheers!!!
Bluey

Postby piggyslayer » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:50 am

Here is an idea for exercise. You will need blackboard and chalk.

Step 1: close all doors so nobody is going to see you.

Step 2: Write on the board, lock you wrist and arm (keep the other hand on you elbow to make sure you arm is not moving), move only in the ankle joint, the rest of your body should not move.

Step 3: Now really make sure windows curtains are closed. Try it in your ski boots.

I like doing ?0? and ?o?, you can do them with only LTE tipping.

This is my last post this year so
Merry Christmas anyones :D .
Have great holidays and fantastic 2005 with lots of skiing opportunities and plentiful powder.

Robert
Piggy Slayer
let the piggy breathe
piggyslayer

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System