Contradiction?

PMTS Forum

Contradiction?

Postby BigE » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:32 am

The following two quotes are contradictory:

SkierSynergy from Unweighting wrote:6. In PMTS there is no ?anticipation? or ?unwinding of the legs into the new turn? in any way similar to what happens in TTS models of ULBC. ? see my upcoming topic for further info on this.

From inside ski pull back thread:

harald wrote:If, as you say, your skis pivot when you release and flatten on steeps, just after you release that?s OK, as long as you are letting gravity and the unwinding of the body from the previous turn take your skis to the falline.

Anyone care to clarify? I was under the impression that unwinding is acceptable -- and clearly aided by unweighting.....
BigE

Postby Harald » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:05 pm

The following two quotes are contradictory:
SkierSynergy from Unweighting wrote:
6. In PMTS there is no ?anticipation? or ?unwinding of the legs into the new turn? in any way similar to what happens in TTS models of ULBC. ? see my upcoming topic for further info on this.

From inside ski pull back thread:
harald wrote:

If, as you say, your skis pivot when you release and flatten on steeps, just after you release that?s OK, as long as you are letting gravity and the unwinding of the body from the previous turn take your skis to the falline.

Anyone care to clarify? I was under the impression that unwinding is acceptable -- and clearly aided by unweighting

Big E:

Jay is not saying unwinding in PMTS doesn?t exist, he said PMTS unwinding doesn?t exist in the same way as it does in TTS.

My comment you quoted, is for the skier who is learning to ski steeps and has never really had control. My next comment would be once the skis release, tip it the little toe edge and stand on the big toe edge.
Harald

Good question

Postby SkierSynergy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:51 pm

Good question BigE.

My response is near the end of this post in a new thread.

http://realskiers.com/pmtsforum/viewtopic.php?p=3318#3318
SkierSynergy.com -- comprehensive services for the girlfriends of skiers
SkierSynergy

Postby BigE » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:21 pm

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the response. And Jay, thank you for the long thread. Such information is most appreciated.

Cheers!
BigE

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System