PMTS standards and results are different

PMTS Forum

The only valid test

Postby Harald » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:50 am

OK, the gauntlet has been thrown; we will all enter a Master?s race and hold a private competition within it to determine the victor. You may all be embarrassed when Diana beats you by many seconds, but so what, it's about the competition and fun.

The PSIA types are invited, send your best. Let?s see who stands and has talking rights after that event, tippers or steerers. Jay, I?ll check the calendar and pick an event. I think it should be slalom, as you guys are into ripping, arcing radical carved turns.
Harald

Postby harrison » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:29 am

^you're going down for good this time...PSIA will prove they have the best skiers in the US...after all, they are "professional ski instructors"
harrison

Postby *SCSA » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:36 pm

I got milk all day @ the Beav today.
################
HH,

Have you been drinking?

A ski off is a terrible idea. What would it prove? Okay, one or the other will win a race. But what does that have to do with customer satisfaction? Let the customers speak for the product, leave the rest alone.

You guys are back to arguing again, stop it! Instead of arguing, how about both sides compare notes?? HH has good stuff to talk about and he can explain it great.

HH. How about you have a party at your place? I'll bring my projector so you can present PMTS. Afterwards, people could ask questions. You could talk with everyone and really explain why you do what you do. At least then, people would really understand PMTS. You could invite PMTSians to hang around and answer questions too.

You know, win friends and influence people!

If you guys have a ski off, I think that's a new low point and I'll be real disappointed. Somebody, will be fired. :wink: Instead, how about just working on getting people to really understand what it is HSS is about and why. From there, let the chips fall where they may.

You he/she/its also need to quit talking about who's better!. It don't matter! What matters, is building a great business. Taking care of customers and prospects, one at a time.

SkiSynergy. You seem to be full of yourself. Nobody cares. So what, you make a few good turns. I know lots of people that can make great turns. Instead, start thinking about how you're going to help the cause here.

I'm going to watch the Broncos now. Knock this negative crapola off, so I can stay away. :lol:
*SCSA

Postby *SCSA » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:28 pm

One more thought...

Of course the results will be different.

Someone who takes a lesson @ the Beav for example, they're not really concerned about getting better or ripping. Matter of fact, it's the opposite. What this skier wants, is for someone to be with them, to calm their fears, or just simply show them the mountain. They're on vacation for crying out loud! They want to relax! Getting better or skiing like Bode is the last thing on their mind.

Now let's look at a student who follows PMTS. They're motivated. Their whole goal, is to get better and to ski well. So of course a student in PMTS is going to excel much faster.

My point is that a student who takes a retail lesson is not the same student who follows PMTS. Therefore, I think the comparison is skewed.

###################
The Raiders just scored. @@#$%
*SCSA

Postby Ott Gangl » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:23 pm

Bravo, SCSA,. But what happened, you sound great, almost too normal? Should I be worried???

:) .....Ott
Ott Gangl

Bring it on

Postby SkierSynergy » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:58 pm

Hey, I've been getting complaining PMs about my bring it on post.

It was sarcastic humor. Ok? A little friendly jabbing. I'm totally PMTS. That is obvious, but when I saw all of the chest puffing, I thought I'd give everyone something over the top to laugh at.

I know Joseph well and I know that Joe and Harald laughed when they saw my post.

I just saw Joseph's post on his family dishonor. Can anyone read that and take this all so serious.

Good come back Joseph.

However, though your offer to let me choose the number of skis we will use in this serious matter is polite, it shows a limitation in your understanding of the soul of the sport.

The true challenge is to ski with less than one ski.

Begin your study again grasshopper. Your family still holds the dishonor of your limits.

On a serious note. I think preparing for and running a Master's race together would be great fun and good for anyone willing to compete together -and can have the right attitude about it. And though I can't come anywhere remotely close to HH or Diana - not anywhere in remotely the same league, I would still be gunning for them. If I'm going to get better, who better to gun for. I have always told Harald that my goal is to match his tracks and then push him down as I go by. Of course he rubs my head in the snow with how far out of reality that is. But, when I make turns I have that aim in my head. Someday. It might take until he's 90, but I'll take it even at that age and I'll laugh as I go by.

So, I would not say that doing a race like this would be bad. I'm in with anyone else that would race for beers against me.

That includes SCSA
Or maybe for you, I'll toss down the bump gauntlet. Winner buys the beers all around.

That way Harald pays. Bring it on!!!!!!!

And no more PMs about my hubris.
SkierSynergy.com -- comprehensive services for the girlfriends of skiers
SkierSynergy

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System