Harb Carver question

PMTS Forum

Re: Harb Carver question

Postby h.harb » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:22 am

On Harb Carvers we tip the same direction as we turn. CA still applies. On a motorcycle you point in the opposite direction you turn. ..That's just the way it works, no apology needed.
h.harb

Postby HighAngles » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:39 pm

It's been years since I've been out on my Carvers (probably about 5). Even then I think I only had used them twice. So in preparation for race camp I decided to gear up and try them out again. Wow - they are really tough to learn. I couldn't make a short turn to save my life. I kept thinking about all the essentials, but I sure was having a tough time getting them to react correctly. I'm sure there are a ton of old posts about how to use them properly so I will dig those back up. I also have a lot of the carver videos saved and I guess I need to look at them more carefully.

Anyhow, it sure felt like I was adding some "steering" to the turns to make them come around. I know most everyone is saying you can just tip them so I know I must be doing something really wrong.
HighAngles

Postby Max_501 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:13 pm

HighAngles wrote:Anyhow, it sure felt like I was adding some "steering" to the turns to make them come around. I know most everyone is saying you can just tip them so I know I must be doing something really wrong.

Tipping plus all of the other Essentials. Tip, tip, and keep on tipping.

Get some video.
Max_501

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System