First annual ski bums trip -- Alta/Snowbird

PMTS Forum

First annual ski bums trip -- Alta/Snowbird

Postby *SCSA » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:32 am

Howdeeeeeeeeeeee!

The ski bums are going to Utah February 4th through the 6th to ski Alta/Snowbird for 3 days of turns, whatever else. Come one, come all.

Who are the ski bums? SCSA's alleged friends -- because no one would actually admit to being he/she/its friend. :wink:

Dates? February 4th, 5th, and 6th.

Where? Alta and Snowbird

Lodging? On your own. Knowing this crowd, it should be easy hook up with others. :lol:

How to stay in the loop?
I'd rather do it via email, with occasional posts here. So if you want to go, please figure out a way to contact me via email. Mason has it, so does HH, Barnes, and Rusty.

How many are in as of now?
Back cracker and company
Pinhed
The CEO
OilAndGasMan
Freda Rope
Members of the FAS club

So we got a good crew to start. It promises to be the most talked about event of the year (that is until next year). So come join us!

later,
*SCSA

Snowbird

Postby skirmastr » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:30 am

I am going this weekend is anyone else. I would like to hook up and ski with some new people.
skirmastr

Postby *SCSA » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:47 am

Morning skirmastr,

The more the merrier. Can you send me your email so I can put you on the list? Send it to John Mason, he'll get it to me.

later,
*SCSA

Postby *SCSA » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:27 pm

ski bums update. I sent this email out just now.
I hope you all can make it.
Happy turns...

Howdy!

You're getting this email because you're invited to the first annual ski bums trip, February 4th, 5th, and 6th at Alta/Snowbird.

Who are the ski bums:
Just a bunch of us who love to make turns. We're doctors, lawyers, ski professionals, architects, computer nerds, librarians, construction workers, to name some. It's a diverse group of interesting and fun people!

Who's invited:
Come one, come all, the more the merrier. I think most of the ski bums are good to excellent skiers, but don't worry if you're not. Anyone who makes turns is welcome. So feel free to pass this email along to anyone who fits the bill.

Accommodations:
We could rent a condo or two and stay at Snowbird or Alta. That'd be fun. Or, there's plenty of cheapo rooms down the canyon in Sandy, which is about 20 minutes from the slopes.

What's been done so far:
The date and location for the first annual trip is set. I picked Alta/Snowbird for the first one because...I've never been there! grins: We'll vote for where we want to go next year.

What to do next:
Reply to this email, I'm the organizer. If you want your reply to go out to everyone in the list, do a Reply All. If for future emails you all would rather I use Bcc, just let me know.

What's left to do:
Just let me know as soon as possible if you're in. How soon? By December 15th. Otherwise, we'll never get accommodations.

ttfn,
*SCSA

Postby Harrison » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:31 pm

you guys should film it and post a video on the internet
skinny skiers unite
Harrison

Postby Jeff Markham » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:29 am

SCSA,

Let know when you firm up the plans. I'm usually at Alta every weekend and should be able to get together on Sat/Sun.

Sounds like your crew may be too advanced for me, though. I don't even have a nickname. :)

Jeff
Jeff Markham

Postby *SCSA » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:21 pm

Update:
Looks like we've got 6 confirmed, sans any he/she/its that meet up with us in Utah.

More soon.
*SCSA

Postby *SCSA » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:50 am

Quick update:

So far we've got 6 confirmations:
Hobbit
Powdigger
Back craker and company
SCSA and company

Mark Jeffhim is meeting us there. So we're 7 strong and counting!

There's 5 or 6 more that are probable, threatening to come, including Mason. So the first annual trip is shaping up.

The cut-off for reservations (with us all together anyway) is next week. It looks like we're going to go for a big condo. If we don't score that, we'll most likely end up down the canyon, in Sandy.

So we're comin together. The crew we've got now is mostly old gapers, but we can get down the hill okay, so I think we'll be alright. :wink: If some others show up, this thing promises to go over the top in its first year. So we'd have all that, goin for us. :)

ttfn,
*SCSA

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System