PMTS Forum

Postby skier_j » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:52 pm

Is it just me or does everyone have to log in twice to get this software to take?

I have this issue with other forums that use the same software and am constantly having to log 2X.

Now that I know the issue I can deal with it. But it sure is annoying.

I have to look at the Log in/ Log out button to see if my name is showing to be sure I am logged in.
Whee!
skier_j

Yep

Postby SkierSynergy » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:04 pm

Me too sometimes, but not always.
SkierSynergy.com -- comprehensive services for the girlfriends of skiers
SkierSynergy

Postby bejes » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:06 pm

Me also.
Who maintains this site?
Perhaps we could look at another package.
I'm a php developer and could assist.
Cheers.
bejes

2 times - usually - sometimes 3

Postby John Mason » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:17 pm

yes - usually 2 times

Also, the forum should have different categories to help service the PMTS community.

Boots/Skis/Equipment

MeetOnTheHill

PMTS technique

Carvers

Oh, and now, after reading the posts, we could also apparently use these too categories :)

Drugs and skiing

Expert skiing and Sex

etc

Having categories works great on Epic.

This works great on Epic and lots of like and post no Epic for the same reasons. It would be nice to have some of the same flexibility here.

(I'd be happy to host this thing. Just move the link over to my server. We use the same software for our own forums now and it does not have the multiple login issues - with the administrator login and a backup and restore, we'd have it going within an hour.)

Oh, and for threads like this one, a forum suggestion category.

Require logins would be nice too, but with logins not working correctly, that wouldn't work too well here.

I like the software Epic uses. It's commercial software, not free like PHPBBs.

I guess the bottom line would be is the goal of this forum PMTS ski technique alone or does it want to grow into a PMTS community resource.

If we had the different categories, review by Harald would be a lot less time consuming for him.
John Mason

Postby skier_j » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:30 pm

Expert skiing and sex?

You mean I can do both?
Whee!
skier_j

Postby Bluey » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:49 pm

Same for me too.....I gotta log in twice and ....yes.....I've learnt the hard way ) to check up in the top RH coner to make sure the log in has "taken".....

My 2 cents worth is to also ctreat a separate Archive of good/relevant old threads where newcomers like Thor, can quickly go to find stuff which has some good learning info in it.....

Bluey.....
Bluey

That's a great idea

Postby John Mason » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:34 pm

epic has that for their "supporter" members

The best threads, like many where Harald really delves into the nuts and bolts, or some of Jay's excellent illustrative threads would be very useful.
John Mason

Postby Bluey » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:18 pm

I think there have been some good instructive threads over time..... but I agree with Thor the threads seem to get hijacked or else they can contain a lot of loose irrelevant chatter which is off-subject....so I would suggest if an Archive was to be started then the threads put into it should be santised to get rid of the unnecessary backgroud chit-chat that lies within them......

Bluey......
Bluey

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System