New Post ; Knees , PMTS and Glucosamine Sulphate

PMTS Forum

Postby Pierre » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:20 pm

BigE until recently I have not been interested in weight loss. I eat between 3500 and 5000 calories per day. Prior to the blood type diet I ate around 2500 calories/day on a doctor perscribed heart type diet as a result of cholesteral (More like type A diet). My blood pressure was around 140/95 and my cholesteral was around 300. That was at age 43. I have remained about the same weight since.

After the diet change (to cave man high red meat type O) my blood pressure dropped to 100/66 within two weeks and has remained there. My cholesterol dropped from 300+ to under 180 within 4 months.

The height gain took around two years and much of it has been in my back. I am sure the new cartilage formed. 5'9" is the height that I was in young adulthood. I only gained it back.

I do not restrict carbs and in fact I would guess that 70% of my intake is carbs including good old cane sugar. I cannot tolerate corn syrup just like the damn book says. Of pure sugar? probably 1000 of my calories per day. I did not restrict carbs I changed the carb sources. I have cut back from eating a full 12 oz bag of cheap cane sugar chocolate chips per day. I now eat 10oz of chocolate covered rasins. The diet is difficient in calcium so I drink coffee (a no-no) and eat a few Rolaids. The acid coffee desolves the calcium. Bone density appears to be holding steady.

Here is the real catch. I could have used my labido to have stayed put instead of go through the roof.
Pierre

That's an amazing drop

Postby John Mason » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:39 pm

That's quite a drop in blood pressure from a diet change.

Sounds like an interesting book.

What would I be eating with a blood type of A+?

(I gravitate towards anything cow related currently (cheese/mexican/steaks))

I detest pork and chicken and most fish - just hate the taste.

Am I going to die? (well - sooner than I need to)

I love breads too.

I'm 49, my Blood Pressure is usually 65ish/110-115ish
John Mason

Postby Pierre » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:43 pm

Sorry John nothing that good. You would pretty much be on the standard Heart Association diet. Thats pretty much the type A diet.
Pierre

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:53 pm

Very interesting Pierre,

Thanks for sharing that. I'll be posting infrequently this weekend, but remain interested in your results. Most folks I speak to can only say "I feel better" or something else, easily attibuted to simply not eating junk...

I'm going to borrow my friends copy again, just to refresh memory. Type O should not have corn sugar. That makes sense for anyone! :wink:

I am interested if there is a correlation between things like lactose intolerance. Or if the corn sugar decree can be attributed the higher fat content of the diet -- trying to avoid insulin resistance....

Talk to you later!

Postby BigE » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:57 pm

Sorry, that Guest post was mine....
BigE

Postby Pierre » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:43 pm

BigE, I just don't understand the higher fat content. This is not an Atkins diet and Dr D'Adamo stress that it primary purpose in not weight loss. He does say if you want to lose weight, leave some of you're meal in the dang fidge. He stresses exercise and believes in a personality connection to blood type. I think the personality stuff is hocus pocus.

One more thing I forgot to mention. It cured mild alcoholism. As soon as I was on the diet I no longer craved a drink.
Pierre

Postby milesb » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:48 pm

Pierre, isn't it possible that you were abducted by aliens and you are being controlled by one? Didn't you have a couple of times in the last few years when you missed a few hours and couldn't remember what happened? :lol:
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH78E6wIKnq3Fg0eUf2MFng
milesb

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:12 pm

a few thoughts:

1) HIGHER FAT CONTENT due to increased red meat consumption. Perhaps the heart smart styles of diet were too fat lean for the body to work correctly.

2) Lower intake of fried fatty foods. Acrylamides have been targetted as possible sources of athritic response. All fried foods contain way too much of this stuff.

3) General cravings are often attributed to improper dietary habits. Which supports ensuring fat content and profile (omega 3 content etc) is at the accepted levels. I am suspecting that heart smart diets assume the persons diets are too high in fat, so they lower fat intake below acceptable levels.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:22 pm

Logged in twice,yet still BigE posts as Guest. This software is junk.

Postby Pierre » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:08 pm

Fat never had a problem finding me before or after this diet. Neither did fried foods. What makes you think that you can't buy a piece of red meat that is low in fat?

Yes milesb I was abducted by aliens and they came back as my inlaws.
Pierre

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:12 pm

OK I'll be more clear:

Where did your dietary fat content come from before the diet?

Where did your dietary fat content come from after the diet?

At issue is your lipid profile.

Postby Pierre » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:59 pm

Before the diet my fat content came from nuts, peanut oils, low fat dairy, grains (corn and the likes), beans, margarine and chocolate.

After the diet, Olive oil, meats (including liver), nuts, real butter, eggs and chocolate. I do not eat pork or processed meats

I had quit drinking a year before the diet.
Pierre

Postby Harald » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:43 pm

My experience is long term knee survival and maintenance. I have been without an ACL or meniscus in my right knee for twenty eight years. I have advanced arthritis and a degenerating joint. Although, Dr Steadman told me that he has football players that have knee degeneration after two years as severe as what I have now after twenty eight years. I have played tennis and soccer intensely over the years with this joint. The best therapy is bike riding and lots of it.

It keeps coming back to, how everything is individual. I am very happy that Pierre found some answers to his problems, as I can relate. Chondroitin and Glucosamine are minimally effective as they solely retain water in the cartilage and meniscus and keep cartilage and meniscus more cushiony and possibly thicker as a result. For someone like me without meniscus this doesn?t help much, although it sometimes takes the edge off the pain. I have been using both compounds since 1995.

Recently I have come across a German oral enzyme called Wobenzym that is more effective and acts more quickly than Condroitin and Glucosamone. But the best thing I found after trying everything including the roaster juice, hyaligan or synvisc is time release cortisone. I have an injection in the late fall and it lasts almost the whole winter.

I still ski hard and ski hard on hard snow, bumps and all mountain. I?m on my skis at least two hundred days a season. I?m looking forward to another one right now. I hope you all are!!
Harald

Postby BigE » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:38 am

Pierre,

Suggested reading Udo Erasmus' book: Fats that kill Fats that heal.

In your list of before there was margarine. Most have canola oil. Canola is a manufactured plant, created by the Canada Oil Co (hence the name) derived from rapeseed. Rapeseed is highly toxic. Udo thinks canola is poison. He too had serious medical problems that he fixed via diet modification. Well worth the read.

I did not see fat from things like french fries or other deep fried foods. That is key to good health.
BigE

Postby Pierre » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:04 pm

BigE I wasn't a real french fry/junk food eater before I changed diets. Most of the fried stuff was things like potato chips and corn chips. I cannot tolerate potatos at all now. I now fry things like fish and sweet potato in olive oil.
Pierre

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System