Bluey`s blue Martini .

PMTS Forum

Bluey`s blue Martini .

Postby jclayton » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:55 am

Bluey,
good to see you come out of the cold . I'm not a fan of blue martinis but I'm sure it's worth a try . I learnt to mix them from a German waiter at the now defunct Stephanie's Restaurant in Melbourne . One of the best in Australia at one stage .

How was the season over there ? We can gloat now ours is about to start . How was your skiing after trying out some of the drills etc ?
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby bejes » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:44 pm

HI
Our season was pretty good actually.
I used to work at Stephanies. Was certainly good.
Have you tried pymouth gin?
bejes

Postby Bluey » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:29 pm

G'day JC,

You're right.......but, as I sure you already know, Bombay Blue Sapphire is a clear gin but is sold in a blue bottle ......however after a few of them my thinking doesn't get any clearer........not that it ever has been clear.......mostly fuzzy logic.......or should that be foggy logic ???

You may wish to gloat with your season up there but we had a pretty good season down here this year albeit a relativley short season.
As an update on the Aussie snow season ( all 12 short weeks......).....
I couldn't make it to the opening weekend for the snow season ( about mid June ) however, the snow was scarce for the opening weekend of the Resort down here where I tend to ski ......with only one part of a lift area open at Perisher ( middle of Front Valley ) and everybody was forced/herded into this small section....definitely not a place/time to try out any drills......
Luckily there was a big dump ( by our meagre standards ) and so the following weekend I was down there in it up to my shins in powder/crud.......

The rest of the season had difficult weather for many weekends and the visibility was shocking at times......... so at those times, I took the opportunity to practice that drill of skiing "with my eyes closed and just feeling with my feet"........I didn't need to keep my eyes physically closed as the visibility was so poor at times and the wind so fierce that I couldn't even see my boots let alone the terrain immediately in front of me.......scary stuff, especially when I could hear skiers all around me..... so my main aim was to avoid colliding.....So I just worked on getting down to the bottom and so minimise the traversing across the slopes.......

Of course, there were plently of other days when the gods smiled favourably on me .....the weather and the snow conditions were great........the fun factor was high and the skills increased as I kept applying the basic PMTS movements....well at least I felt I was applying them until I was either turtle up or face down wondering what I did wrong.........( Shaken but not Stirred )

Anyway, my family all commented on how my skiing had improved and how my style and confidence had noticeably changed as well........fun, fun, fun as I kept pushing my "limits"........

I think confidence plays a big part in my skiing......'cause when I hit a new slope or new section of a slope or if the conditions are poor then my skiing doesn't improve until I do the run a few times........
Anyway, after applying PMTS & getting the improved Outcomes I achieved this last season, I'm looking forward to next year's ski season all the more......

An interesting minor point for me this ast season was that I couldn't get a certified PMTS instructor for any lessons, so I took the punt and joined in with my family who were doing a private lesson........the Ski Instructor asked me about my problems and what I wanted to achieve....... I simply spoke to him in "PMTS ese", ....but made no mention of the word PMTS nor Harb etc , .....and I was delighted to find he knew exactly what I was talking about and what I wanted to do with my feet & my body co-ordination .....and he also knew how to achieve it...in fact it was almost like PMTS instruction but without the mentioning the word PMTS......spooky & at the same time, curious....it seems to me that if a system works then others will absorb it and by default it spreads.......every idea has its time and for me PMTS is a good idea/system........

Anyway, I don't want to bore everybody with my meagre ski-life down here .......I envy you lot with the massive amounts of snow that you get and the length of your season......
have fun over the next few months......
I'm sure once you lot get onto the slopes in earnest and the season gets fully underway then the threads will become more fun/interesting/constructive.......

Gotta go....the weekend approaches and I can hear the hounds baying.....or is that the noise coming from those Red Sox fans over there still loudly celebrating their win.......onya Red Sox !!..... ( tough luck Yankees and Cardinals.) ...its a pity there can only be one winner....not like skiing where everybody has a chance to be a winner no matter what their skills levels are....

Bluey.....
Bluey

Postby Bluey » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:41 pm

Bejes,

So what did you get up to last season?
Are you planning on going over to Canada again?

Never heard of pymouth...is it English?

Bluey.....
Bluey

Postby jclayton » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:43 am

Bejes,
when did you work at Stephanies , I was there till end 1986 . Learnt drinks mixing from Christoph when I was running the dispense bar . I was dishwashing before that . ( Teachers wages were not that good , it was a great place to moonlight )

Thanks for the updat on Aussie season , even though we have fantastic resorts over here ( Val d?sere , St Anton ) I'd love to ski through the snow gums . Feeling a bit homesick .

You guys going to Whistler , I'll probably be going 19th to 26th Feb .
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:30 pm

Skied a few weeks worth. Caught up with Peter S :had a short ski with him at Thredbo.
Im looking at Fernie again, level 1 PMTS instructor course in march perhaps?
I might hang out there for a month or 2, and my gf will come over and do a blue camp. Then to the Uk. Perhaps a few days in italy skiing also...

Plymouth gin--english yes.
Jc, worked there i think mid 1990s. Also washing dishes!
That was hard work.,

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System