KERS!!

PMTS Forum

Re: KERS!!

Postby Max_501 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:48 am

François wrote:While I won't comment on next years skis, I will say that the carving ski from Fisher that should be tried going on past experience is the WC SC, not the progressors, imho of course.

I can't remember if I've tried the SC but I do have a WC SL that is a great ski. Have you tried the SC in varying conditions? Does it have the versatility of the older Supershape? The really nice thing about the SS is that it was a great front side carver that performed very well across such a broad range of terrain and conditions. The TT80 fills that bill rather nicely, but it would be good to know if there were other options.
Max_501

Re: KERS!!

Postby François » Sat May 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Max_501 wrote:
François wrote:While I won't comment on next years skis, I will say that the carving ski from Fisher that should be tried going on past experience is the WC SC, not the progressors, imho of course.

I can't remember if I've tried the SC but I do have a WC SL that is a great ski. Have you tried the SC in varying conditions? Does it have the versatility of the older Supershape? The really nice thing about the SS is that it was a great front side carver that performed very well across such a broad range of terrain and conditions. The TT80 fills that bill rather nicely, but it would be good to know if there were other options.

I've skied the WC SC in all conditions except soft powder and except deep (ie. I've skied them in no more than a foot and a bit of fresh). The WC SC performs well in all the conditions I've tried it in except at very slow speeds (as well as a 165 cm 13-m radius can in some conditions like cut up heavy wet crud piles after a 1 foot dump). It's not a problem at slow speeds, it just doesn't feel worth the money at those speeds. From what I recall of the SS, the SS is a little softer and more versatile in terms of being better suited to softer snow. I think that is what the Intelligence, and now more so KERS, does; it stiffens up the ski when needed, but lets you have a soft ski when a stiffer ski is not needed nor wanted. I would place the SC between the old SS and the Fischer SL. Head skis have a nice damp muted feel to them. Fischers, not so much.
François

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System