BOOTS

PMTS Forum

BOOTS

Postby Harald » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:57 pm

There are two threads on boots running concurrently. Most of the questions on one thread are answered by one thread or the other, so please read all the posts on the both threads.

Tecnica knows what is meant by rotary boots. They have been confronted with this question many times, but they choose to ignore it. It must be easier to ignore the issue than telling people who are looking for more positive edging to buy a different product.
Harald

Postby carvemeister » Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:27 pm

I'll take that as some kind of indirect smackdown to my question, which, for some reason that I have yet to become privy to, I don't quite understand.

The prevailing "Tecnica sucks" tone may be true, but frankly, I'm a bit puzzled by what seems to me to be a very concerted effort to shun owners and/or questions about Tecnica boots.

I stumbled in here hoping for a helpful answer to a pretty simple question, "Is the XT 17 a lateral boot?" but have only gotten veiled responses
which sound a bit like "take your peasant boots, and get out of here."

I understand that their retail boots are rotary, quite well, and that the new Diablo series "missed the boat." I didn't, and still don't know where that leaves the XT17, and apparently, I never will.

May I suggest, that if you folks would prefer not to hear questions about any boots other than Head, Dalbello and Salomon, that somebody post a sticky thread at the top explaining this. Then I wouldn't have wasted yours and my time expecting to get any reasonable answers to Tecnica boot questions. :roll:

Damn, I wish I could afford a brand new pair of Head boots! Really, I do, but I'm a friggin' peasant. :(
Check out my Red Mtn, B.C. website: http://www.skiswami.com/
carvemeister

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System