Head and Tryolia

PMTS Forum

Head and Tryolia

Postby *skier_j » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:37 pm

If this is the wrong place for thsi post, forgive me.

I bought some Head Monster iM70's used from a friend and have a question on centerline marks, boot sole length and adjustments of the Tryolia railflex binders that came with the ski.

My boots are 285 MM length Doberman Jr's (I have a small foot).

I took the bindings off the rails mounted on the ski and set the toes and heels to 285 mm. (Turn over and set the toes and heels using the scale on the underside of the piece that holds the toe and heel together ).

I then snapped my boot into place and using the plus-center-minus scale on the binding combined with the centerline mark on the ski and boot I find that that nothing lines up. I'd say overall, the whole thing is skewed forward 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

How and why is that?

Do the rails come off the ski? Can they be repositioned?
*skier_j

Postby Hobbit » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:37 pm

I would say that you are in good shape if your boot is offset forward.

I spoke with Harald on this subject and he said that Austrian skis (Head, Atomic) are better off when mounted forward. Someone did a good job mounting the rail.

If you are interested in details lookup Peter's column on the RealSkiers web site which explains the individual aft/fore binding placement.

I also did a post on this forum on how you can measure and adjust your aft/fore binding placement using a tipping board.
Hobbit
Site Admin

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System