Vokl which one?

PMTS Forum

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:47 pm

Always liked Volkls til they introduced the Motion system and started changing the guts of the skis. Seems like a step in the wrong direction. Why mess with a good thing? I'm looking forward to trying the new Superspeed. Hopefully that revive my faith in them.

Postby Rusty Guy » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:56 pm

Lighten up? SS the young man has displayed behavior that is, to say the very least, a bit pugnacious. Had it been my child I would have pulled the plug and had a "respect your elders" discussion. The apple does not fall far from the tree. If he wants to play with adults on the internet then he better be ready to anti up. This is child's play in comparison to powdermag or TGR. Your protective attempts are touching and duly noted.

My question is, however, answered concerning composing three sentences.

John, I ski on Nordica/Marker products because I think they make a great boot as well as a great ski. They provide me with equipment and send me a little commission check for the skis I sell to professionals.

I think Atomic makes a great product. I just am afraid of the binding. It is the same reason that when I worked for Fischer I refused to add Tyrolia to the deal.
Rusty Guy

Postby Harrison » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:03 am

Rusty Guy wrote:Lighten up? SS the young man has displayed behavior that is, to say the very least, a bit pugnacious. Had it been my child I would have pulled the plug and had a "respect your elders" discussion. The apple does not fall far from the tree. If he wants to play with adults on the internet then he better be ready to anti up. This is child's play in comparison to powdermag or TGR. Your protective attempts are touching and duly noted.

hahaha, you sound like you feel amazingly threatened...its the internet, get over it
skinny skiers unite
Harrison

Great ski?

Postby Joseph » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:03 pm

Rusty you loser, you wouldn't know a good ski if I slapped you across the face with one. You'd have to actually tip it onto the edge. That's the sharp metal part on either side of the ski--on the bottom.

As for the apple falling far from the tree cliche--you're right. Harrison rips, just like his old man; and if there is a soul out there unfortunate enough to actually be your child, we all know how he/she must ski. Ugly to watch, ugly to talk about--probably downright ugly too.
Joseph

Postby Belskisfast » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:06 am

Rusty is a classic case of a narcissist:
Excessive love or admiration of oneself. Synonym is conceit.
A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem.
Erotic pleasure derived from contemplation or admiration of one's own body or self, especially as a fixation on or a regression to an infantile stage of development.

That a seemingly grown man would assail a young boy so pointlessly; regardless of the forum is pathetic. The youngster exhibits far more maturity and self confidence than The Rusty Guy. As HH's son no doubt he rips far better too.
As far as Rusty Guys equipment comments go, many folks I know, both Skiers and dealers, rave...again ...rave about Tyrolia bindings. They are safe, bombproof construction, require little maintenence and are a solid hold when cranked down for racing. They are a tad on the heavy side though.
If it is true that a ski maker sponsers The Rusty Guy, than they need a better PR department.

Peace and Snow~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belskisfast

Postby Rusty Guy » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:56 pm

You guys play rough. HH certainly has passionate followers.

I don't agree that saying the young man is pugnacious really rises to the level of being an assailant.

Nordica does not sponsor me. I sell their skis as a "pro rep".

Now in terms of conceit........I sell a lot of them, in spite of being a conceited narcissist. They are pretty popular skis and boots.

Back to the topic at hand

I spoke today to Robbie Holland who is the the eastern race tech director for Fischer. He was lamenting the stronghold that Volkl holds on the eastern race scene.

Harrison may not like the skis, however, other kids apparantly do!

How many FIS racers has anyone seen lately on a Head/Dalbello/Tyrolia combo?
Rusty Guy

know before you open it

Postby Eddy » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:34 pm

You just seem to open your mouth to change feet. Head skis just had a second at the Val d'Irere Downhill and a fifth at the latest women's world cup by Lalive an American.

Why do you persist in making yourself look and sound stupid, I guess everyone gets their jollies in different ways.
Eddy

Postby Belskisfast » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:10 pm

Rusty Guy ...Mea Culpa for my harsh words towards you. I do recognize you to be an articulate and thoughtful individual who more than likely can ski the talk. I do feel, and was responding to what can only be an inappropriate reference to apples and trees where a young man and his father are concerned. Think about it. Rusty Guy, style goes a long way in this life be it in skiing, communicating, or avoiding Neon ski wear. As my Dad was fond of saying, "you get more flies with honey". I still however, can't imagine why anyone would want more flies, but that is a philosophical step too far....lol. At any rate I would hope you see my point here.

Sincere take backs for my words.

As far as Equip. goes; the best of the best and the one off's the factories produce for them is hardly a measure of the skis or boots we Mortals can buy. The skill level is also several light years removed and the resultant "preformance" we Rec. skiers experience is a far cry from the downhill at Wengen or the Birds of Prey. I have owned and loved several brands of skis..Fischer circa 1993, Kneissel White Stars...anyone remember them...with my Henkel Boots....oh God I'm old!!!!.....lol.....anyway independent of my discovery of HH and PMTS I was the first kid on the block with Head Cyber 24's....changed my life... and Volkl SnoRangers...changed my off Piste life and I still ski them. Many young racers out here ski Head SL's...many more ski Volkl and Rossi. My feeling is these days you almost can't buy a bad or incompetent ski....I do love my Head Cyber TI SL's. I also love my Volkl P40 190 RED Rockets...they are scary fast. The Atomic Sugar Daddy's are toooooooo Sweet in the Pow...all my skis hang together and seem to get along....we can too.

Peace and Snow~~~~~~and Peace and reflection to Rusty Guy~~~~turns together someday???? :)
Belskisfast

Postby jclayton » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:58 am

I love Head ( slalom chips ) and Volkl ( 724 Pros ) . Demoed the 5 and 6 stars last year but found them a bit skittish , preferred my sons Atomic sx11's . On piste the Heads are just great fun , lively with lots of kick and it's still fun skiing them in pow , having to realy concentrate on technique ( though not too deep ) , the Volkls eat crud for breakfast , so much so that I now look for the worst crud ( untracked is for pansies ) . On piste they are like a freight train . Also liked the Stockli Stormrider but a bit less forgiving on piste .
Just goes to show how personal it all is but also how limiting it can be going for the perfect all round ski . It is difficult to find a bad ski but there are a lot of different animals out there .
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby BigE » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:50 pm

Folks,

It's not that hard to find a bad ski. It's even easier to buy the wrong ski. Especially one that you will grow into.

Demo is the best, but realize you also demo the tune, the binding condition, and the appropriateness of the ski to the conditions, not just to your style and skiing ability.
BigE

Postby jclayton » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:07 pm

Actually BigE you are right , I should qualify by saying it's difficult to find a bad ski at the top end of the range . I have skied some awful skis ( apart from bad tunes ) but again they are probably O.K. for those who don't want to carve or can't .
skinut ,among other things
jclayton

Postby Rusty Guy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:35 pm

Belskisfast,

No need to apologize. I enjoy a good argument and there is nothing better than a little smack. There is truth to what you are saying. The fruit comment was not meant quite as critically as it came off. Yes I would love to make turns. I just made mention of the fact at epicski that recently I had a fantastic day "experimenting" with SCSA.

Having repped for three companies I will wholeheartedly agree everyone is making A good ski or two today.

As someone stated finding the "right" tool is critical.

I tell folks to first start with turn radius, then mm underfoot, and lastly materials. I don't think anything compares with a laminate, however, that is certainly a personal bias.

I do think Atomic has raised the bar with the metron shape. I know Nordica is doing a mid-season release that mimics the metron shape. I suspect this will be the wave of the future.
Rusty Guy

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System