Harald...Dalbello's new Krypton boots for PMTS???

PMTS Forum

Harald...Dalbello's new Krypton boots for PMTS???

Postby Ken » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:54 pm

Harald,
Have you skied on the new Dalbello Krypton boots, maybe at the sales demos last Spring?

How will they work for PMTS and are they a major improvement?

Ken
Ken

Flexooonnnnnnn

Postby Harald » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:36 pm

Remember the Riachle Flexon? Well the new Dalbello is the copy of the Flexon. It is and always has been a limited appeal ski boot. Weird fit and ski feel. It is a shin/knee steering boot. This was never my flavor or the flavor of most other SL or GS racers. It is a boot made for Glenn Plake who used to ski Flexon. I don?t know anyone who skis like Plake. I know he doesn?t turn much. Maybe the boot is OK for that type of skiing. We do not sell it.
Harald

Dalbello Krypton

Postby patroller2 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:07 am

HI folks. My first post to this site although I have been an avid reader since its inception. I have long been a follower of PMTS and before that materials by Lito. Long study of the books and videos. As a ski & tobaggan instrutor trainer and evalutor for NSP I try to incorporate into some of our clinics your materials and highly recommend the site and materials. The other thread on the use of the wedge in handling a toboggan has been interesting. I simply treat it for what it is - a technique we have to use to control the sled in some circumstances, but not an efficient way to ski in general. As a local area rep for Blizzard and Dalbello this year I will be using the Krypton boot. I will try and post my feedback. Thus far the best thing about it for me has been the tremendous heel holddown. I have a small foot and quite narrow heel and this has been a problem (for me) for years. Since I have my last year's Dalbello traditional boot (the VTech) which I also will still ski I will try and give you some comparison thoughts. Many thanks for your information and the kinds words about ski patrollers.
Scott
patroller2

Boot talk

Postby tanman » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:22 pm

Hi Harald,
Since we are on boot talk. Have you got an opinion on the Salomon New Course boot with the Space frame. It looks reasonable lateral and stiff but I have the impression that the spaceframe on the outside edge of the boot,will this sacrifice the stiffness of this part of the boot making skiing on the outside edge less responsive or less than ideal ie. weighted release.
Thanks
tanman

Postby Max » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:58 pm

Patroller2, do you have any feedback for us yet? I'd love to know how it skis.

I have tried it on and really like the fit, very snug, yet still quite comfortable.
Max

krypton boots

Postby jpatroller2 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:36 pm

Well, sorry folks. The new boots arrived last week. Too large. When ordered the instructions were to consider moving up a half size as they were low volume. Well they remanufactured the liners and they were coming in larger, ie. not so low volume. Yes shell size is the true test. In any event I sent them back. Now with the demand it appears doubtful as to whether I will get one until perhaps right near the end of the season. Waiting to hear. I can tell you this I am a men's size 8 street shoe and I am currently skiing in a Dalbello V11 Custom (slightly softer than the V Tech) and using a 25.5 boot. The Krypton that arrived was a 26.0 and my foot was swimming in it. (Had over 2 fingers width behind my heel in the shell. The V11 in any event isstill working fine and frankly would be more in line with Harald's recommendations as to type of boot in any event. Frankly I can only echo his comments and state that it works very well. If I get a Krypton I'll post the results. I have also been thinking a bit myself as to how much I really want to try something that's just new in light of Harald's comments.

Funny how companies think it's more important to make the boots and send them to shops that actually have paying customers than simple little mountain reps (and you can't really blame them can you). My other problem, in addition to demand, for the boot, is that my foot is relatively small compared to most men's boots so they aren't making many Kryptons right now in a 25.5.
jpatroller2

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System